Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Looking for Advice from Experts Post 302269901 by Squidy P on Friday 19th of December 2008 03:06:49 AM
Old 12-19-2008
Thanks

mbubb - Thank you for all your info. I wasn't sure if anyone would actually take the time to answer because it was a pretty open question. And I do like the whole 'guild' theme. I'm not sure why but it makes my ambition seem so much cooler.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module installation problems... experts advice needed,...

---------- This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) ----------in win 2000 advanced server,.. i am somewhat comfortable with perl but i am new to perl modules.. when i tried to install xml::simple and xml::parser there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Experts - Need your help

Hi All, I am using ingres in perl select count(*) rec from user_tables where table_name = 'abc'; I want to use the alias variable 'rec' and check the value if >0 insert values else create table. How can I do this without using hash variables in perl. Kindly help me in this regard. Much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Experts - Need your help

Hi All, I need to take a dump of a table and load into excel and send as an attachment and for this am using a Perl script. I know the usual way of doing this by writing all the fields next to 'select' query and similarly writing into an excel as shown below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Experts !!! Please advise

Hi, I work on sun Solaris. Am hosting few web services on my server which are accessed over the internet. Now to check whether the web service is responding or not, i first have to log in to the web service URL. If it doesn't respond there, i come back to my server box and restart the service... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sting672744
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

for experts

Hi i'm working with mpi programs every thing ok but i need after i compile the mpi to calc the area of the rectangle for example (not my program) accept two arguments from the command line: mpirun -n 4 myprog 24 100 here 24 and 100 two arguments i'll pass them to the program how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scotch
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Experts!! please help me

Hi experts, Please help me on the below: how to write a shell script to search and delete files on windows server. -script runs on unix box -it should search for specific files on windows server and delete them periodically. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chpradeepch
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Experts - Need suggestion

I'm searching to learn linux coding for a month but no clear about the where to start . Right now i'm in networking but not much interested in this maintenance jobs . I'm looking to create my own product in wireless network and also having idea about gadget that can be useful for students . But i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cholasivam
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To all the awk experts out there!

Hello All, I recently encountered this difficulty in processing a File. Input File has millions of records with fields like below ID1,ID2,DATE,FLAG,VAL 123,432,0604,1,-0.5 123,432,0604,22,0.5 123,433,0604,1,-0.54 123,433,0604,22,6.77 123,543,0605,22,0.94 To put this simply, I will have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
8 Replies
Rscript(1)								FSF								Rscript(1)

NAME
Rscript - front end for scripting with R SYNOPSIS
Rscript [--options] [-e expr] file [args] DESCRIPTION
A binary front-end to R, for use in scripting applications. expr An optional expression to be evaluated, used in place of expr. file Input file of R expressions args Optional further arguments to be processed by commandArgs in the R interpreter. OPTIONS
--options accepted are --help Print usage and exit --version Print version and exit --verbose Print information on progress --default-packages=list Where 'list' is a comma-separated set of package names, or 'NULL' and also options to R (in addition to --slave --no-restore), such as --save Do save workspace at the end of the session --no-environ Don't read the site and user environment files --no-site-file Don't read the site-wide Rprofile --no-init-file Don't read the user R profile --restore Do restore previously saved objects at startup --vanilla Combine --no-save, --no-restore, --no-site-file --no-init-file and --no-environ SEE ALSO
R(1) R scripting April 2007 Rscript(1)