Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Caching while spliting a large file Post 302269643 by zaxxon on Thursday 18th of December 2008 06:57:28 AM
Old 12-18-2008
What OS?
How do you check this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spliting up a huge file

I have a file {filename} which contains 65000 records I need to split into 6 smaller files roughly 11000 records each. Can someone advise me of the Unix command to do so ? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinder182533
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting file based on condition

Hi, I have a comma separated file with millions of records in it. I have a requirement to split the file based on the value in a one of the columns. Suppose i have a text file with columns like C1, C2,C3,C4 Column C4 can hold the values either 01 or 02 03 or 04. I nned to extract... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting the file dynamically

i am creating the file , when this file reaches the size 2 GB, i need one message or fire (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting a file and renaming it's out put

Hi friends, I am new to unix. With the help of this site I wrote a script. But it's returning some errors pls help.:confused: Here is my specifications: I have a file obsrec_31583_090212.xls at /home/lingalma/temp/cdl I want it to mv to another temp folder called /home/lingalma/temp/obsrec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raaj.manoj
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spliting a file

how would i split the file "file1" into smaller files containg lines of 15 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Spliting problem

I have a very big log file which looks like this: I need to split this file and create files with "+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+" as the delimiter. The file names need to be the contents of the next line after the delimiter(FIRST_ITEM,SECOND_ITEM...so on..). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

spliting up a large file

Dear All, I have a very large file which which i would like split into indvidual frames evrytime the line ends with "ENDMDL" and then name frame1.pdb frame2.pdb etc can any one give me a few sugeestions? ideally i would like to have ENDMDL at the end of each frame or not pressent at all. an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting file based field pattern

Hi all, i have file that looks like as below 2263881188,24570896,439,SOLO,SOLO_UNBEATABLE,E,+3.13,+0.00 2263881964,24339077,439,SOLO,SOLO_UNBEATABLE,F,-0.67,+0.00 2263883220,22619162,228,Bell,Bell_MONTHLY,E,-2.04,+0.00 2263883220,22619162,228,Bell,Bell_MONTHLY,F,-2.04,+0.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting log file

Hello, I want to split or cut a large size log file by year wise(eg 2009, 2010) .But the source file must not have the splited or cut lines after this process ,all of them must move to the destination folder.Does grep command have the fuctionality like cut and paste? I used grep -Ev command but... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
17 Replies
FILECAP:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					       FILECAP:(8)

NAME
filecap - a program to see capabilities SYNOPSIS
filecap [ -a | -d | /dir | /dir/file [cap1 cap2 ...] ] DESCRIPTION
filecap is a program that prints out a report of programs with file based capabilities. If a file is not in the report or there is no report at all, no capabilities were found. For expedience, the default is to check only the directories in the PATH environmental variable. If the -a command line option is given, then all directories will be checked. If a directory is passed, it will recursively check that directory. If a path to a file is given, it will only check that file. If the path to the file includes capabilities, then they are written to the file. OPTIONS
-a This tells the program to show all capabilities starting from the / directory. Normally the PATH environmental variable is used to show you capabilities on files you are likely to execute. -d This dumps all capabilities for reference. EXAMPLES
To check file capabilities in $PATH: filecap To check file capabilities of whole system: filecap -a To check file capabilities recursively in a directory: filecap /usr To check file capabilities of a specific program: filecap /bin/passwd To list all possible capabilities: filecap -d To set a file capability on a specific program: filecap /bin/ping net_raw net_admin SEE ALSO
pscap(8), netcap(8), capabilities(7). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat March 2009 FILECAP:(8)