Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple Find
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple Find Post 302269563 by manuswami on Thursday 18th of December 2008 04:08:13 AM
Old 12-18-2008
Use this

find /your/directory -name "customer*" -exec ls -lrt '{}' \; -print

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is a simple one command to find a file?

Hi All, I have did a search in the whole forum about Find, but get too many results, so I hope my message not annoying anyone. How do I do a find for a specific file in the whole machine? I am hoping for something like this. find . -name thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: E-Quality
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stuck with a simple find problem

Hi, Need some simple find help. I need to search for all .so files within sol directory. My directory tree has mix of directories and i want to search only inside sol directory. I could get this done combining find with for, any option to do this with find alone. for a in `find .... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple find and replace without using any regex (bash)

Hi, I need to do an exact find and replace (I don't want to use regular expressions because the input comes from user). I want to find a line that matches the user's input text and replace it with an empty string. For example, let's say the user enters I love "Unix" and the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanths
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script detect to find OS version/flavour

Hi, A newbie question. Following script gives no output. =============================== root@srv # cat /etc/redhat-release | awk {'print $1}' Red root@srv # cat 123.sh if (( `cat /etc/redhat-release | awk {'print $1}'` != CentOS )); then { echo "System runs on Redhat Linux. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Find file Script.....

Im trying to make a very simple find the first file with the .zip extension in a specific folder and open that file. The folder path and file name will vary every-time and it may contain spaces. If I try to look For this example the folder directory is /Users/username/Desktop/testfolder/abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple shell script to find and print data

Hi, I have a log file containing data on emails sent. Looks a bit like this for one email: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Date: 12 Jun 2008 14:04:59 +0100 From: from@email.com Subject: xcf4564xzcv To: recip@email.co.uk Size = 364 Jun 12 14:04 smtp_234sldfh.tmp I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: terry2009
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple find and replace with AWK

I am trying to write a find and replace script with AWK and I can't seem to get it to work. I need it to find this exact string *P*: and replace the P with a T or just replcare the whole thing with *T*:. this is what I have tried awk 'BEGIN {gsub(/\*P*:/,"\*T*:"); print}' ${INFILE} >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbshrk
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Relatively simple question regarding find and cmin

Nuts and bolts: I have a log file that should be updated once every minute called OD_MEM.log. I want to add a check to my CheckSystem script that confirms that the log has been written to in the last 2 minutes. If I use the find command with cmin 1, it finds the file every time. If I use the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script to find common strings in two files

Hi , I want to write a simple script. I have two files file1: BCSpeciality Backend CB CBAPQualDisp CBCimsVFTRCK CBDSNQualDisp CBDefault CBDisney CBFaxMCGen CBMCGeneral CBMCQualDisp file2: CSpeciality Backend (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with simple script to find PID of process

Hi everyone. I've been reading around and am a little bit overwhelmed, hoping to find a kind soul out there to hold my hand through writing my first script. This need has emerged at work and I haven't much experience writing shell scripts, but this is a problem we have with a production environment... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: thirdcoaster
13 Replies
MECAB-CONFIG(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   MECAB-CONFIG(1)

NAME
mecab-config - Get command-line flags for building stuff using Mecab SYNOPSIS
mecab-config [OPTION] ... DESCRIPTION
mecab-config gives information about how Mecab is configured on your system, giving necessary command line options to build your applica- tions. Known values for OPTION are: --cxx print C++ compiler used to compile Mecab --prefix print Mecab prefix --exec-prefix print Mecab executable prefix --libs print library linking information --cflags print preprocessor flags, I_opts, and compiler options --dicdir print path to directory containing dictionaries --libexecdir print path to directory containing helper executables --libs-only-L print linker "-L" flags for dynamic linking --libs-only-l print dynamic linker "-l" flags --inc-dir print "-I" include options --help print this help and exit --version print version information SEE ALSO
mecab(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@namazu.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Aug 15th, 2003 MECAB-CONFIG(1)