Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Urgent- metareplace -e write errors Post 302269509 by Sun Fire on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 10:22:25 PM
Old 12-17-2008
It happened with me before. Try to metadetach, metaclear, then metainit again, re-create it and it might work

However SUN says whenever the status is "need maintenance" then replace the disk. Better safe than sorry Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

5. Solaris

metareplace error

Hello guys, i am getting some errors as below when i want to perform maintainence on the disks of my servers, getting errors like this "metareplace: myhost: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5: Invalid argument" when i execute #metareplace -e d5 c1t0d0s5 kindly advise on this matter,am afraid to use -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

What should I do with this metastat result? metareplace everything?

I have to rescue the volumes in a soloris 7 machine. The metastat returns the following result: d6 is dying with iostat -nE returns Harderror 3, Transports error 9 Can some offer me some help? Thank you very much. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickychung
6 Replies

7. Programming

Urgent!!!! - Write/read to/from shared memory

I created a shared memory and attached it. I also created the appropriate semaphores to sync. my read/write operations. However I do not know how am I supposed to do so. Anyone has got any ideas? I want to write int the form of 1234:23:444:... where each number between : means something to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyron
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

9. Solaris

DiskSuite State Unavailable After metareplace

Hello, After replacing a JBOD disk that died, the metareplace was ran, the device went into enable/sync'ing state and then when the sync completed, the state changed to unavailable. metadb shows the replica db looking good on the new disk. format shows the disk online and looking good. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfransix
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help needed to write a script

User have given me about 450 commands, i just wanted to know the full path for those commands and the output should be redirected to a separate file. Instead of running "which" command each time to find the path for all those commands, i need to do this in a simple way by a script. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgmax
3 Replies
metasync(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      metasync(1M)

NAME
metasync - handle metadevice resync during reboot SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metasync -h /usr/sbin/metasync [-s setname] [buffer_size] metadevice /usr/sbin/metasync [-s setname] -r [buffer_size] /usr/sbin/metasync -p metadevice DESCRIPTION
The metasync command starts a resync operation on the specified metadevice. All components that need to be resynced are resynced. If the system crashes during a RAID5 initialization, or during a RAID5 resync, either an initialization or resync restarts when the system reboots. Applications are free to access a metadevice at the same time that it is being resynced by metasync. Also, metasync performs the copy oper- ations from inside the kernel, which makes the utility more efficient. Use the -r option in boot scripts to resync all possible submirrors. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Displays usage message. -p metadevice Regenerates parity information for RAID5 metadevices. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metasync will work. Using the -s option will cause the command to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command will perform its function on local metadevices. -r Specifies that the metasync command handle special resync requirements during a system reboot. metasync -r should only be invoked from the svc:/system/mdmonitor service. The metasync command only resyncs those metadevices that need to be resynced. metasync schedules all the mirror resyncs according to their pass numbers. To override the default buffer_size value used by the svc:/system/mdmonitor service, you can edit /etc/system to specify: set md_mirror:md_resync_bufsz = 2048 so that resyncs occur as quickly as possible. OPERANDS
buffer_size Specifies the size (number of 512-byte disk blocks) of the internal copy buffer for the mirror resync. The size defaults to 128 512-byte disk blocks (64 Kbytes). It can be no more than 2048 blocks. For best performance (quick- est completion of the resync), 2048 blocks is the recommended size. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide NOTES
The metasync service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/mdmonitor Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2004 metasync(1M)