Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sudo command not working with cron job. Post 302269432 by WhotheWhat on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 04:36:05 PM
Old 12-17-2008
Sudo command not working with cron job.

Hello,

I have written a script that has a sudo command to change file permissions within it.

When I run the script manually, the sudo command inside of it works fine.

When the script is run through crontab I get the error "cron: not found".

It the same user profile that I am using to run the script manually that is running the cron jobs.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job not working

Hi All, I created a shell script and it works perfectly fine when I run from the command. But the same does not work as expected when I call it from a cron job. Here is the shell script(scan.sh): # # #Which directory to scan for files?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not working

Hello, I have the following crontab entry that does not seem to be running. When I check /var/cron/log, it is not there. Here is my os info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Here is the crontab entry: 01 21 * * * find /export/app/datafeed/flus/archive -mtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job not working for some reasons

I set up a new cron job. I have set cron jobs many times in the past and never faced issues. For some reasons my new cron job is not working.This is how my cron job looks like. plz help me out guys. 3,8,13,18,23,28,33,38,43,48,53,58 * * * * /siebel/sblp900/home/FSMTaskChk/script... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command is not working inside a script when placed in cron

Hi All, i have a cron entry like 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57 * * * * /amex/sssmonitor/dss_chk.ksh and the script is like #!/bin/ksh file=`uname -n` > /sunmast/projects/oasis/COREDEV/Dss$file.log > /tmp/output_sss today=`date` varb=`ps -ef | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job initiating ssh AND sudo (from user, not root)

I've been bashing my head on the desk for 2 days trying to get this to work, but I've had no luck. I'll try to be as clear as possible in my explanation without dragging out the details. I'm trying to set up a cron job for user "john" which runs a script. This script initiates an ssh connection to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eh3civic
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job is not working for two scripts

Hi Gurus, I have a test unix server in which currently some unix cronjob are running. I have written two script one is a shell script in which env variable are there (in that i am exporting those variables). I have also written a perl script . when i am running at the shell manually like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job now working?

Hi all, I wrote a script as below, #!/bin/ksh . /app/home/etc/sudo.profile >/dev/null java -jar $HOME/abc.jar The jar file abc.jar is located in the same folder as the script. When I'm manually running that script the jar file gets executed. However if I set a cron job, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not working

cron process in AIX is there when I do ps -ef |grep cron, but none of cron job is working. It appears that cron process is hanging or having some issues? How do you resolve this? Do I kill the cron process by kill -9 PID? and how to start it? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

9. AIX

Cron job not working but works on other nodes.

Hi All, I have a many cron jobs scheduled in my AIX server. Only one cron not getting executed in the same server but that job is good on all other servers. Here is my cron , which will keep last 30 files and remove others., 00 00 * * * /usr/bin/find /tmp/reports/nmon -name *.nmon -mtime... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running

I have put a cron entry in oracle user for taking hot backup every wednesday@ 2.30 AM and have given the cron entry 30 02 * * 3 /u01/vijay/hotbackupcron 2>&1 >> /u01/vijay/hotbackup.log also find below the script inside hotbackupcron, i have put in env variables as well ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
13 Replies
apticron(1)						      General Commands Manual						       apticron(1)

NAME
apticron - Generate a mail listing packages which are pending an upgrade SYNOPSIS
apticron [--cron] DESCRIPTION
apticron is a shell script which generates a mail with a list of all packages currently pending an upgrade, as well as summary of changes - using apt-listchanges - to a configurable Email address. apticron is mainly intended for automatic notification of pending security updates but can also be used in many other situations where timely updates are necessary. The --cron option is only meant to be used when invoked by cron in order to run no more than once a day. FILES
/etc/apticron/apticron.conf Configuration file, Email address to mail and profile for use with apt-listchanges are configurable. /etc/cron.d/apticron Cron job for executing apticron daily. /etc/cron.daily/apticron Fallback cron script for executing apticron (if no crond running or system down at designated time). /var/lib/misc/apticron.cron Time stamp file used by apticron when invoked with --cron option. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-listchanges(1), cron(8) AUTHOR
Apticron was initially developed by Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccarthaigh@heanet.ie> with contributions from Marc Sherman <msherman@projec- tile.ca>. Since 2006 it is maintained and improved by Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>. apticron(1)