Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Anyone using GNU BSD?
Operating Systems BSD Anyone using GNU BSD? Post 302269368 by dkcl on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 01:06:35 PM
Old 12-17-2008
I didn't think the words ``GNU'' and ``BSD'' could form a term together without exploding.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BSD equivalent of GNU parted

I use GNU (parted)set to change boot flags when doing multibooting. Alas, FreeBSD does not have GNU parted, out of the box. Is there a way to set/remove flags quickly and easily from the command line in BSD? I'm still learning all the 'unique' BSD utilities. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
7 Replies

3. Linux

Date from GNU to BSD

Dear all, This should be simple but I cannot figure it out despite reading all the man pages. Could someone please help me translate this code (GNU date) to one that can be read by BSD date?: myDate=$(date -d "$h -$l days" +%Y/%m/%d), where h is a variable of the form DD/MM/YYYY, and l is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomchad
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU & BSD Makefile Directives & Conditions Compatibility

Firstly, I would like to apologize if this is not the appropriate sub-forum to post about GNU/BSD makefile scripting. Though my code is in C++, because I am focusing on the makefile I thought it would go better in shell scripting. Please correct me if I am wrong. Secondly, I am not interested in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
0 Replies
FORMS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  FORMS(3)

NAME
post_form, unpost_form -- form library LIBRARY
Curses Form Library (libform, -lform) SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The post_form() function performs the actions necessary to present the form on the curses screen. If there are any init functions that need to be called then they will be called prior to the form being posted and the cursor will be positioned on the first active field that can be visited. Conversely, the function unpost_form() removes the form from the screen and calls any termination functions that were specified. RETURN VALUES
The functions will return one of the following error values: E_OK The function was successful. E_BAD_ARGUMENT A bad argument was passed to the function. E_POSTED The form is already posted to the screen. E_NOT_POSTED The form was not posted to the screen. E_NOT_CONNECTED There are no fields associated with the form. E_BAD_STATE The function was called from within a init or term function. SEE ALSO
curses(3), forms(3) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes both <curses.h> and <eti.h>. BSD
January 1, 2001 BSD