Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing Version Numbers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing Version Numbers Post 302269365 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 01:02:42 PM
Old 12-17-2008
my bad - see the lines highlighted in red

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two numbers

Hello, I kinda newbie in unix so I would like so help.I know that there is a command that compares two integer numbers test (eg. #$1=0 ).I would like to know if it is possible to compare any number with another (eg. 2.3=0 or 3.7!=0 4.5>2.2). Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TabloMaxos
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two numbers with the decimals

Can someone tell me how do I comapre two numbers with the decimals in UNIX shell scripting I understand "-gt" can be used only for integers Regards, Giri (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chittari
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing numbers in a file

Hello, I'm searching for a quick method to read numeric values from a file or a defined variable and identifying the largest number. For instance if the following numbers are in a file or defined to a variable: 09192007 09202007 09182007 09172007 09162007 What "short" method could be used to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusk2dawn
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing with numbers.

How to compare a variable with a value like 00:00:10 ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagendramv
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Decimal Numbers

Im trying to compare two numbers with decimals but its not working as expected. a=1 b=1.1 if then echo "equal" fi When I do this it says that the numbers are equal. Ultimately Im using -le and -ge in the if statements but I tested with -eq for simplicity. Any way to make this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two numbers with decimal point

How to compare two numbers with decimal points ? Is there a way in bash to do this? (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
33 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where to being Comparing numbers?

Hi. I do not know how to compare numbers and need help. In my script I have to figure the MAX, MIN, & Avg. Sales amounts. Please help me. In the code, "transaction" is a counter. #!/bin/bash clear transaction=0 sales=0 total=0 while test $sales ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Negative Numbers with If/Else

ValA=-29344 if ; then echo "NEGATIVE" else echo "POSITIVE" fi Can someone please tell me how else they would go about doing the above? When i do it, i get errors such as: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing decimal numbers between 0 and 1

For numbers between 0 and 1 the below logic is not working. Output of above shall be "correct" but its echoing "incorrect".Kindly suggest a=.1 if then echo correct else echo incorrect fi Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsvikas
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing a list of numbers is less than a variable

Hello everyone, I want to compare a list of numbers in the file TEST01 to the variable $Post. Also remove any duplicate numbers. Create an if then statement indicating if the numbers listed in TEST01 is less than the number value of $Post then print an error message. Here is the contents of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies
xotclsh(1)							XOTcl Applications							xotclsh(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
xotclsh - Tcl Shell containing object-oriented scripting language XOTcl SYNOPSIS
xotclsh ?filename arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
xotclsh is a shell-like application that reads XOTcl commands from its standard input or from a file and evaluates them. Similarly as the relation between tclsh and wish, xowish provides all functionality of xotclsh and provides as well predefined support for TK widgets. XOTcl (XOTcl, pronounced exotickle) is an object-oriented scripting language based on MIT's OTcl. It is intended as a value added replace- ment of OTcl. Scripting languages, such as Tcl, are designed for glueing components together, provide features such as dynamic extensibility and dynamic typing with automatic conversion, that make them well suited for rapid application development. The object system of XOTcl enables a user to to define objects, classes, and meta-classes. Classes are special objects with the purpose of managing other objects. ``Managing'' means that a class controls the creation and destruction of its instances and that it contains a repository of methods accessible for the instances. Every object may be enhanced with object-specific methods. XOTcl supports single and multiple inheritance. All object-class and class-class relationships in XOTcl are introspectable and can be dynamically changed at arbi- trary times. Ambiguities in name resolution of methods are avoided through method chaining through "next", which does not require explicit method naming. XOTcl combines the ideas of scripting and object-orientation in a way that preserves the benefits of both of them. It is equipped with sev- eral new language constructs that help building and managing complex systems. We added the following support: Dynamic Object Aggregations, to provide dynamic aggregations through nested namespaces (objects). Nested Classes, to reduce the interference of independently developed program structures. Assertions, to reduce the interface and the reliability problems caused by dynamic typing and, therefore, to ease the combination of many components. Meta-data, to enhance self-documentation of objects and classes. Per-object mixins, as a means to give an object dynamically access to the methods of one or several supplemental classes. Per-class mixins, as a means to give all instances of an class dynamically access to the methods of one or several supplemental classes. Filters as a means of abstractions over method invocations to implement large program structures, like design patterns. XOTcl provides a value-added replacement of Tcl package loading providing integration with object-oriented constructs and tracking/tracing of component loading. VARIABLES
xotclsh sets all variables that tclsh sets, and additionally the following variables: ::xotcl::version XOTcl version number. ::xotcl::confdir Directory for XOTcl configuration. ::xotcl::logdir Directory where logfiles are placed. KEYWORDS
argument, interpreter, prompt, script file, shell XOTcl xotclsh(1)