Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New OS for IBM server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New OS for IBM server Post 302269299 by W.A.C on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 09:56:01 AM
Old 12-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
A shark IBM for me is an ESS disk subsystem ,and yes if memory serves me it had power3 processor inside...

Not quite a power 3 200MHZ is more powerfull than a POWERPC 604E 332 MHZ like in a H50... So it can very well run AIX5L
I remember working with nighthawks Power 3 in a SP2 we had... (Power3 630+)

All the best
Hey thanks for the insights. From what I see I have a problem with the system. I found an error code list online and it's telling me I need an I/O board, but I think I may have a problem with the power supply. No fans come on unless they are on sensors(?) and I can't open the CD drive. Regardless I think I can buy something better or build out a Linux machine. I think this is going to become a parts machine for someone.
Appreciate your help.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 on ibm server, no floppy drive.

I cannot install sco on this particular ibm server because sco cannot find the raid controller and thefore the logical drive. I have a floppy disk that I use in other machines when boot: shows on the screen. I usually type restart link=ad320 and it works but this time i have no floppy drive. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to install IBM db2 database server in cygwin ??

Hi folks, I am looking for a clue to install db2 in cygwin.....kindly help.;) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
0 Replies

3. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

4. AIX

Differences in IBM p server

Hi, What is the major differences between ibm p5 p6 and p7 processor. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to Login Bios Server IBM p series?

Hii guys, I have IBM server power series, how to login BIOS at server IBM Power7 750, 730, 720, 520 and 550 ? and if I will new Install AIX, How I config " First Boot DVD" ?? I use command " # mount -V cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt " ( not work after reboot system). I need your help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
2 Replies
BOS_EXEC(8)						       AFS Command Reference						       BOS_EXEC(8)

NAME
       bos_exec - Executes a command on a remote server machine

SYNOPSIS
       bos exec -server <machine name> -cmd <command to execute>
	   [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]

bos e -s <machine name> -cm <command to execute>
	   [-ce <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The bos exec command executes the indicated command on the file server machine named by the -server argument. Its intended use is to reboot
       the machine, using the /sbin/reboot command or equivalent.

OPTIONS
       -server <machine name>
	   Indicates the server machine on which to execute the command.  Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-
	   qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).

-cmd <command to execute>
	   Specifies the complete local disk pathname of the command to execute (for example, /sbin/reboot). Surround this argument with double
	   quotes ("") if the command contains one or more spaces.

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).

-noauth
	   Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket
	   to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command reboots the machine "fs2.abc.com". The issuer has previously issued the bos shutdown command to shutdown all
       processes cleanly.

% bos exec -server fs2.abc.com -cmd /sbin/shutdown -r now

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a
       server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

The bos exec command is not available on servers running in restricted mode.

SEE ALSO
       bos(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							       BOS_EXEC(8)