Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New OS for IBM server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New OS for IBM server Post 302269299 by W.A.C on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 09:56:01 AM
Old 12-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
A shark IBM for me is an ESS disk subsystem ,and yes if memory serves me it had power3 processor inside...

Not quite a power 3 200MHZ is more powerfull than a POWERPC 604E 332 MHZ like in a H50... So it can very well run AIX5L
I remember working with nighthawks Power 3 in a SP2 we had... (Power3 630+)

All the best
Hey thanks for the insights. From what I see I have a problem with the system. I found an error code list online and it's telling me I need an I/O board, but I think I may have a problem with the power supply. No fans come on unless they are on sensors(?) and I can't open the CD drive. Regardless I think I can buy something better or build out a Linux machine. I think this is going to become a parts machine for someone.
Appreciate your help.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 on ibm server, no floppy drive.

I cannot install sco on this particular ibm server because sco cannot find the raid controller and thefore the logical drive. I have a floppy disk that I use in other machines when boot: shows on the screen. I usually type restart link=ad320 and it works but this time i have no floppy drive. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to install IBM db2 database server in cygwin ??

Hi folks, I am looking for a clue to install db2 in cygwin.....kindly help.;) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
0 Replies

3. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

4. AIX

Differences in IBM p server

Hi, What is the major differences between ibm p5 p6 and p7 processor. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to Login Bios Server IBM p series?

Hii guys, I have IBM server power series, how to login BIOS at server IBM Power7 750, 730, 720, 520 and 550 ? and if I will new Install AIX, How I config " First Boot DVD" ?? I use command " # mount -V cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt " ( not work after reboot system). I need your help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
2 Replies
HALT(8) 							       halt								   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, poweroff, reboot - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine SYNOPSIS
halt [OPTIONS...] poweroff [OPTIONS...] reboot [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
halt, poweroff, reboot may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Prints a short help text and exits. --halt Halt the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -p, --poweroff Power-off the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. --reboot Reboot the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -f, --force Force immediate halt, power-off, reboot. Do not contact the init system. -w, --wtmp-only Only write wtmp shutdown entry, do not actually halt, power-off, reboot. -d, --no-wtmp Do not write wtmp shutdown entry. --no-wall Do not send wall message before halt, power-off, reboot. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. NOTES
These are legacy commands available for compatibility only. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), shutdown(8), wall(1) systemd 208 HALT(8)