Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PERL Text Munging
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL Text Munging Post 302269196 by radoulov on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 04:52:10 AM
Old 12-17-2008
Code:
$ cat file
host1,neighbor1
host3,neighbor4
host2,neighbor1
host2,neighbor3
host1,neighbor3
host3,neighbor1
host1,neighbor2
host3,neighbor2
$ perl -F, -ane'
  chomp $F[1];$_{$F[0]}.=",".$F[1];
  print map "$_$_{$_}\n", sort keys %_ if eof
  ' file
host1,neighbor1,neighbor3,neighbor2
host2,neighbor1,neighbor3
host3,neighbor4,neighbor1,neighbor2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl text file

I've got a csv file called "passlist.txt" which looks like: firstname1,lastname1,checkin1,numberofbags1,destination1 firstname2,lastname2,checkin2,numberofbags2,destination2 firstname3,lastname3,checkin3,numberofbags3,destination3 " " " " ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting in Perl.

Hiho, I've got a variable $sth = `du -sh /home/$whoami`; where $whoami is actually logged user. I want to have only the size of this directory eg. 2,7G. I know its lame, but anyway.. how to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fenox
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help take out few text in perl

I have perl program and I know that while sending an e-mail the following code returns "Remote (/opt/seasoft/db/nervecenter.nms00tst1):" in an email, I need to take out the entire "opt/seasoft/db/nervecenter" and leave with "ms00tst1" only. How do I do it: So the output would be "Remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script - data munging

Hi guys I'm trying to print the keys and values of data by using hashes and so on I was able to retrieve the key but not values. I'm getting result like this wrong -output chr1, 1 HASH(0x800d80)-> {arrayid} chr2, 1 HASH(0x800c9c)-> {arrayid} chr3, 1 HASH(0x80177c)-> {arrayid} chr4, 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nogu0001
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Inserting text

Hey, I have 10 lines of text ... And I would like to Insert prefix for each line with static text. perl -pi -e 's/()/$1 TEST$./' data.txt Each line will have different static prefix, Code above works perfectly for 1st line ... I'm just not sure how I can run same command for 2nd line 3rd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Text manipulation

Hello All, I have been working on a great script to remotely gather server info and store it in a .txt that can be imported to .xls I have been reading the hostnames that are in the /.shh/known_hosts file so I don't have to mess with passing a password - via ssh (not easy to do , by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Text Manipulation

I'm in need of help for a project that I'm working on. I believe Perl would be the best way of handling the string manipulation, however, I've barely used perl, and I'm used to BASH scripting. Another note is, this project is in a Windows environment, so I can use Perl, but I do not have shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drewrockshard
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text allignment using PERL

Hi Friends, For daily reports i make perl script like below. @dirlist = `cat out.txt |cut -d "|" -f1 >create.txt`; @dirlist1 = `cat out.txt|wc -l *e* >create2.txt`; open FILE, ">OUTPUT.txt"; @command = `cat out.txt |cut -d "|" -f1`; print FILE map{$_-2 ."\n"}@command; @dirlist2 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adaleru
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TEXT to CSV using Perl

Hi Folks Need some help with this and my Perl isnt the hottest I also have text::csv installed on my perl install The large text with a few million entries is in a format below example text file Fig Leafs Cake No: 0000001 Author: King s. Record No: 995-34343-232-232... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: messiah1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl text from web

perl -MLWP::Simple -le '$s=shift;$c=get("http://genetics.emory.edu/egl/tests/view.php?testid=4125/$s/");$c=~/meta content=(.*?)name=\"Genes\"/msg; print length($1),"\t$1"' "Test Description" >output.txt I am having trouble with this code: Can it be modified for the desired output? I attached... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
ethers(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 ethers(4)

NAME
ethers - Database that maps Ethernet addresses to hostnames DESCRIPTION
The /etc/ethers file is used in conjunction with the reverse address resolution protocol daemon (rarpd) to map Ethernet addresses to host- names. It contains information about the known (48-bit) Ethernet addresses of hosts on the Internet. For each host on an Ethernet, a single line should be present in the file with the following information: Ethernet-address official-host-name Items are separated by one or more spaces or tabs. A number sign (#) indicates the beginning of a comment that extends to the end of line. The standard form for Ethernet addresses is: x:x:x:x:x:x The x is a hexadecimal number between 0 and ff, representing 1 byte. The address bytes are always in network order. Hostnames can contain any printable character other than a space, tab, newline, or number sign (#). Hostnames in the /etc/ethers file should correspond to the hostnames in the /etc/hosts file or to those provided by the name service. EXAMPLES
The following is a sample ethers file: 08:00:20:01:e5:1c host1 # Comments go here 08:00:20:01:d0:4c host2 # Comments go here 08:00:20:01:e0:1d host3 # Comments go here 08:00:20:00:c2:4e host4 # Comments go here RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: rarpd(8) Files: hosts(4), packetfilter(7) Routines: ethers(3) delim off ethers(4)