Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory What should I do with this metastat result? metareplace everything? Post 302269125 by nickychung on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 12:38:12 AM
Old 12-17-2008
Yes, I am still able to access d0 but not d6. d0 is online. d6 is dead.

But metareplace just can't help me to fix the "needs maintenance" problem.

iostat -nE returns:

Quote:
c0t0d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 3 Transport Errors: 9
Vendor: SEAGATE Product: ST318203LSUN18G Revision: 034A Serial No: LRD9164600001037
Size: 18.11GB <18110967808 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 3 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 0 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0
c0t1d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 4 Transport Errors: 2
Vendor: FUJITSU Product: MAG3182L SUN18G Revision: 1111 Serial No: 02542399
Size: 18.11GB <18110967808 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 4 Recoverable: 0
c0t6d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: TOSHIBA Product: XM6201TASUN32XCD Revision: 1103 Serial No: 12/12/97
Size: 18446744073.71GB <-1 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SVM metastat -- needs maintenance

Running Solaris 9 with SVM. I'm not that familiar with it, but metastat output gives "needs maintenance" message on 2 of the mirrors. There are no errors in /var/adm/messages. What do I need to do to fix this error? Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
14 Replies

2. Solaris

Help on metastat

hi all, can someone pls pass on your suggestion? Firs thing I am testing a script which checks for the pattern 'Needs Maintenance' from metastat output and prints some messages in the screen. So i need to simulate an error in mirrored disk for metastat to give this message 'Needs Maintenance'.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srirammad007
3 Replies

3. Solaris

metareplace error

Hello guys, i am getting some errors as below when i want to perform maintainence on the disks of my servers, getting errors like this "metareplace: myhost: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5: Invalid argument" when i execute #metareplace -e d5 c1t0d0s5 kindly advise on this matter,am afraid to use -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
4 Replies

4. Solaris

SVM - metastat - Last Erred

My company is running a solaris 2.7 machine. The machine is getting slow recently. I have no expert in solaris. Please help. I checked the log in /var/adm/message: I also checked with the command iostat -nE. It returns: Metastat returns the followings: What should i do now?... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickychung
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Urgent- metareplace -e write errors

I have a disk in maintanance status . I executed metareplace -e partition device . It resynced upto 5 % and then stopped . In the /var/adm/messages it showed the write error . My question is if I analyse and repair the disk in format command , will my write error go . I dont have 0 hard and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Softpartition State: Errored in Command MetaStat

Hi people, I have on problem when execute the command METASTAT... d60: Soft Partition Device: d10 State: Errored Size: 12582912 blocks (6.0 GB) Someone help me? Thank you very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: denisgomes
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep contents from metastat command

Hi, after issuing metastat command I am getting output as follows Actually these soft partitions are more than 100. I want output as Device Name & Size. for eg d4004 2.0 GB (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
4 Replies

8. Solaris

DiskSuite State Unavailable After metareplace

Hello, After replacing a JBOD disk that died, the metareplace was ran, the device went into enable/sync'ing state and then when the sync completed, the state changed to unavailable. metadb shows the replica db looking good on the new disk. format shows the disk online and looking good. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfransix
2 Replies

9. Solaris

metastat |grep Needs

Dear, Required an script such that : If metastat |grep Needs , results in some output then this command to be executed for the same : opcmsg object=metastat a=OS msg_grp=OpC severity=critical msg_text="Need maintenance for the system $line" With regards, Mjoshi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Metastat shows state needs maintenance

Hi, We have a Solaris 10 machine with update 11 and was configured with IBM storage. It was assigned 2 LUNs (each 70GB) which were striped to make it 140GB. we have taken full backup of entire machine and Our storage team replaced IBM storage with Nimble storage (they did storage-level... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
HTML::FormHandler::Manual::Errors(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    HTML::FormHandler::Manual::Errors(3pm)

NAME
HTML::FormHandler::Manual::Errors - FormHandler error methods VERSION
version 0.40013 SYNOPSIS
Manual Index Errors and error messages for HTML::FormHandler. DESCRIPTION
Errors are added to field or form objects by the field 'add_error' method or the form 'add_form_error' method. FormHandler will perform the 'add_error' for you for built-in validation or 'apply' actions. When performing your own validation in a validation method, you must do the 'add_error' yourself. Errors, along with 'input' and 'value' attributes, are collected in the FormHandler 'result' objects. A number of error retrieving methods are delegated to the field and form classes. The existence (or not) of errors determines whether or not the form has been 'validated'. Form methods errors Returns an array of localized error strings (both field and form errors): my @errors = $form->errors; has_errors Both 'form' errors and errors from the tree of subfields if( $form->has_errors ) { <do something> } form_errors, all_form_errors Returns an arrayref / array of error strings on the form (not including field errors). foreach my $err ( $self->all_form_errors ) { $output .= "<span class="error">$err</span>"; } has_form_errors Does the form have form_errors? add_form_error Add an error to the form which is not associated with a specific field. sub validate { my $self = shift; unless( <some condition> ) { $self->add_form_error('....'); } } push_form_errors Add a non-localized error to the form. Field methods The most common error method is probably 'add_error', which you use in the validation process. sub validate_foo { my ( $self, $field ) = @_; unless ( <some_condition> ) { $field->add_error('Error condition'); } } errors Returns an array of error strings. has_errors Does the field have errors? Note that a compound field that contains subfields with errors will not return true for this method. If you want to know if there are errors in the subfields, do 'has_error_fields'. num_errors add_error Add an error to the field. Localization is performed. push_errors Add an error without localization. error_fields In a compound field (and its subclasses, like 'Repeatable'), the list of fields with errors. Result methods The input, value, and error attributes are actually stored in the result objects. Although most of the methods are delegated to the form and field classes, there are times, such as when rendering (because you might be rendering a result that's been peeled off of the form object), that you may need to use result methods. These are the main methods that you might need to use. has_errors errors error_results The results with errors; 'error_fields' is a wrapper around this. Messages The base field class and the field subclasses have some 'built-in' error messages. These can be modified by setting the 'messages' hashref in the form or the individual fields. When a message is retrieved in a field with "$field->get_message('upload_file_')" for example, the 'get_message' method will look first in user-set field specific messages, then in user-supplied form messages, finally in messages provided by the field classes. package MyApp::Form; use HTML::FormHandler::Moose; extends 'HTML::FormHandler'; sub build_messages { return { required => '....', my_message => '....' }; } ... my $form = MyApp::Form->new( messages => { required => '...', ...} ); ... has_field 'my_field' => ( messages => { required => 'Please provide a my_field' }, required => 1 ); AUTHOR
FormHandler Contributors - see HTML::FormHandler COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Gerda Shank. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-25 HTML::FormHandler::Manual::Errors(3pm)