Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris LDAP user password reset script Post 302269078 by em23 on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 08:37:54 PM
Old 12-16-2008
LDAP user password reset script

Hey all,

I'm looking for a script to auto-generate a password for users that forget their password.

Currently, we are using a perl script (with cgi-bin) where users update their password, but would like to add to this and make it so that the users can also request a password reset and a generated password is emailed to the user and then they can go and update this on their own.

Does this make sense?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to write a script to reset user's password?

Is there anyway that I can reset user's password using a script/ssh command? ie. emulate passwd command with a default password of abc123 or even null value? > ssh server1 pwdadm user1 < /dev/null or > ssh server1 passwd user1 < /dev/null neither worked for me.. but you know what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Looking for a script to reset password

All, I have a Solaris 9 system and I would like to create a script that would reset the password of a local user to something specific on a daily basis. Someone suggested the following: passwd --stdin username < passwd_file However, this doesn't work on Solaris. Does anyone know of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to reset user password

hi, i am unable to reset one of my server user password. whenever i make a "passwd username" i get the following error ======================================== New Password: Re-enter new Password: Permission denied ======================================== please advise.thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
6 Replies

4. Solaris

changing user password as root on LDAP client SOl10/u7

I'm fairly inexperienced with LDAP and DSEE so to build my skills I installed directory server in the global zone of my Sol 10/u7 machine and created a zone to use as a client. For some reason when I try to change a users password as root (in the client zone) with passwd -r ldap I am prompted for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Remote Reset Password for User ?

Hello, everyone i have a little scenario and would like help , SCENARIO OS : SunOS 5.10 Shell: KSH UserName 1 connects to Server1 .He should run a little command or somthing to server2 that Resets the password of user2. i have tried this : ssh user@server2 '/usr/local/bin/sudo passwd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
0 Replies

6. Solaris

how to Remote Reset Password for User ?

Hello, everyone i have a little scenario and would like help , SCENARIO OS : SunOS 5.10 Shell: KSH UserName 1 connects to Server1 .He should run a little command or somthing to server2 that Resets the password of user2. i have tried this : ssh user@server2 '/usr/local/bin/sudo passwd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to reset the ldap root password?

How to change the ldap root password. I have generated the password by using "slappasswd " command, but In my root machine "/etc/ldap/sldap.d" file is not there. instead of the file sldap.d directory only is there. please help me...? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password reset script

Hi, I could like to change my remote system user password. Could you please guile me, If you have any existing scripting there. please let me know Thanks & Regards, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

User password reset

Hello - I want to reset user password in multiple server via root ID. I have passwordless authentication for root between all the servers. I an use loop to reset the password. I am using below command in loop echo mypassword | passwd username --stdin However, if anyone sees history - he... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Giving password reset access to non-root user, in LDAP

Hi, We have two LDAP servers. Whenever we get a ticket to reset the password, we login to LDAP primary server and reset the password. For below example, I logged into primary LDAP server and resetting password to john to Welcome123# We are giving this work to tier-1 team, so that they can reset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ron323232
1 Replies
OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)				      Virtualization Support					OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)

NAME
osinfo-install-script - generate a script for automated installation SYNOPSIS
osinfo-install-script [OPTIONS...] OS-ID DESCRIPTION
Generate a script suitable for performing an automated installation of "OS-ID". "OS-ID" should be a URI identifying the operating system, or its short ID. By default a script will be generated for a "JEOS" style install. OPTIONS
--profile=NAME Choose the installation script profile. Defaults to "jeos", but can also be "desktop", or a site specific profile name --config=key=value Set the configuration parameter "key" to "value". CONFIGURATION KEYS
The following configuration keys are available "hardware-arch" The hardware architecture "l10n-timezone" The local timezone "l10n-keyboard" The local keyboard layout "l10n-language" The local language "admin-password" The administrator password "user-password" The user password "user-login" The user login name "user-realname" The user real name "user-autologin" Whether to automatically login the user "user-admin" Whether to give the user administrative privileges "reg-product-key" The software registration key "reg-login" The software registration user login "reg-password" The software registration user password EXAMPLE USAGE
The following usage generates a Fedora 16 kickstart script # osinfo-install-script --profile jeos --config l10n-timezone=GMT --config l10n-keyboard=uk --config l10n-language=en_GB --config admin-password=123456 --config user-login=berrange --config user-password=123456 --config user-realname="Daniel P Berrange" fedora16 EXIT STATUS
The exit status will be 0 if an install script is generated, or 1 on error AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Red Hat, Inc. LICENSE
"osinfo-install-script" is distributed under the termsof the GNU LGPL v2 license. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE libosinfo-0.2.7 2013-04-10 OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)