Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: output a particular string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting output a particular string Post 302268661 by thepurple on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 05:15:42 AM
Old 12-16-2008
great..and many thanks.

just want to know what is the logic behind. a little explanation...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of the output from a string.

Hi Everyone, I stored the result of a certain awk script in the variable arr.The result is /inets /banking /tools. arr= /inets /banking /tools These are 3 direcctories. I should be able to move in to these directories using "cd" command.Can you tell me how to extract... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saicharantej
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M";output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M" output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6M" using linux shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a particular string from a set of string output

Hi , I have a line by line output as follows,for example output of ls sample1 sample2 sample i need to check if this output contains the exact string sample.If i use grep , it will find out all strings that contain sample as a part of their word.I dont want to do a pattern matching... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert output to string

Hi Guys, is there any command to convert the output returned by the below command to string format: Code: sed 1!d filename Output is : 108 ---------- Post updated at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:00 AM ---------- Because i am using this output as string parameter ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting particular string in a file and storing matched string in output file

Hi , I have input file and i want to extract below strings <msisdn xmlns="">0492001956</ msisdn> => numaber inside brackets <resCode>3000</resCode> => 3000 needs to be extracted <resMessage>Request time getBalances_PSM.c(37): d out</resMessage></ns2:getBalancesResponse> => the word... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

format string output

I need to put the output of the ps -ef command into a string. echo'n that string must display the output similiar to how we see the output of ps -ef in commandline. This is the string message="this is the output of ps command\n\n `ps -ef`\n\n Output Complete" when I echo $message the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Northpole
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script that answers y unless output has a string "STRING" in it

Hi all, I have the following script which I use to chek the output of jobs submitted to a PBS server. #!/bin/sh # #recover.sh # check() { echo "Do you want to proceed?" read answer if ; then echo "... proceeding ..." else echo "--------- Aborting -----------"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from output.

I need to extract the the values of "Java"and "-Dplatform.home" from the output of the below ps command. ps -xef | grep java wlsuser 15160 15144 0 Feb 20 ? 17:27 /app1/jdk150_07/bin/IA64N/java -server -Xms1536m -Dplatform.home=/app1/bea/weblogic92... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for string and then output...

Hi all, I have a file: /var/log/lct/buildinformation I am trying to grep for string: MANUFACTURER : VMware, Inc. If it contains the string I want to output the results of:df -h |grep '/usr|/var' |awk '{print $6 " "$5}' If it does not have the above string to send a no vm found... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
6 Replies
ddi_intr_dup_handler(9F)												  ddi_intr_dup_handler(9F)

NAME
ddi_intr_dup_handler - reuse interrupt handler and arguments for MSI-X interrupts SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_intr_dup_handler(ddi_intr_handle_t orig, int vector, ddi_intr_handle_t *new); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). orig Pointer to the the original DDI interrupt handle vector Contains the interrupt number to which to duplicate new Pointer to the new DDI interrupt handle The ddi_intr_dup_handler() function is for MSI-X interrupts, where an unallocated interrupt vector is permitted to use the same MSI-X address/data pair, interrupt handler, and handler arguments as a previously initialized/allocated interrupt vector. The ddi_intr_dup_han- dler() function copies the entry from the interrupt handle given by orig to the unallocated MSI-X interrupt vector given by the argument vector. If successful, it returns the new interrupt handle for given vector in new. The ddi_intr_dup_handler() function must be called after the orig interrupt handler has been added. The new interrupt handle must not have been previously allocated and must not have an interrupt handler associated with it. The ddi_intr_remove_handler() function can be used to disassociate handlers when the interrupt is disabled and to remove disabled dup-ed interrupt handlers. See ddi_intr_disable(9F). A call to ddi_intr_dup_handler() does not imply that the interrupt source is automatically enabled. The interrupt must be enabled before it can be used by calling ddi_intr_enable(9F). The ddi_intr_dup_handler() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS On success. DDI_EINVAL On encountering invalid input parameters. DDI_EINVAL will also be returned if the hardware device is found not to support MSI-X interrupts. DDI_FAILURE On any implementation specific failure. CONTEXT
The ddi_intr_dup_handler() function can be called from kernel non-interrupt context. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ attributes(5), ddi_intr_add_handler(9F), ddi_intr_alloc(9F), ddi_intr_block_enable(9F), ddi_intr_disable(9F), ddi_intr_enable(9F), ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F), ddi_intr_remove_handler(9F) Any consumer of this interface should verify that the return value is not equal to DDI_SUCCESS. Incomplete checking for failure codes could result in inconsistent behavior among platforms. 07 Apr 2005 ddi_intr_dup_handler(9F)