Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: output a particular string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting output a particular string Post 302268660 by manikantants on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 05:12:44 AM
Old 12-16-2008
awk -F: '{ if (substr($4,1,3)=="MSI") { print substr($4,5) } else { if ($1=="Resp" && $2 > 0) { print "none" } } }' input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of the output from a string.

Hi Everyone, I stored the result of a certain awk script in the variable arr.The result is /inets /banking /tools. arr= /inets /banking /tools These are 3 direcctories. I should be able to move in to these directories using "cd" command.Can you tell me how to extract... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saicharantej
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M";output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M" output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6M" using linux shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a particular string from a set of string output

Hi , I have a line by line output as follows,for example output of ls sample1 sample2 sample i need to check if this output contains the exact string sample.If i use grep , it will find out all strings that contain sample as a part of their word.I dont want to do a pattern matching... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert output to string

Hi Guys, is there any command to convert the output returned by the below command to string format: Code: sed 1!d filename Output is : 108 ---------- Post updated at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:00 AM ---------- Because i am using this output as string parameter ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting particular string in a file and storing matched string in output file

Hi , I have input file and i want to extract below strings <msisdn xmlns="">0492001956</ msisdn> => numaber inside brackets <resCode>3000</resCode> => 3000 needs to be extracted <resMessage>Request time getBalances_PSM.c(37): d out</resMessage></ns2:getBalancesResponse> => the word... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

format string output

I need to put the output of the ps -ef command into a string. echo'n that string must display the output similiar to how we see the output of ps -ef in commandline. This is the string message="this is the output of ps command\n\n `ps -ef`\n\n Output Complete" when I echo $message the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Northpole
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script that answers y unless output has a string "STRING" in it

Hi all, I have the following script which I use to chek the output of jobs submitted to a PBS server. #!/bin/sh # #recover.sh # check() { echo "Do you want to proceed?" read answer if ; then echo "... proceeding ..." else echo "--------- Aborting -----------"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from output.

I need to extract the the values of "Java"and "-Dplatform.home" from the output of the below ps command. ps -xef | grep java wlsuser 15160 15144 0 Feb 20 ? 17:27 /app1/jdk150_07/bin/IA64N/java -server -Xms1536m -Dplatform.home=/app1/bea/weblogic92... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for string and then output...

Hi all, I have a file: /var/log/lct/buildinformation I am trying to grep for string: MANUFACTURER : VMware, Inc. If it contains the string I want to output the results of:df -h |grep '/usr|/var' |awk '{print $6 " "$5}' If it does not have the above string to send a no vm found... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
6 Replies
mailq(1)							   User Commands							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mailq [-Ac] [-q subarg] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq utility displays a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line displayed for each mail message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line of the display shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue. This line will not be displayed if the message is being pro- cessed for the first time. The mailq utility used to be identical to sendmail -bp. Now it checks for the authorization attribute, solaris.mail.mailq. If the check for the invoking user succeeds, sendmail -bp is executed with the remaining argument vector. Otherwise, an error message is printed. This authorization attribute is by default enabled for all users. It can be disabled by modifying the Basic Solaris User entry in prof_attr(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ac Like sendmail(1M), this flag tells mailq to use submit.cf rather than sendmail.cf even if the operation mode does not indicate an initial mail submission. This will result in the client queue /var/spool/clientmqueue being displayed rather than the default server queue /var/spool/mqueue. -qp[time] Similar to -qtime, except that instead of periodically forking a child to process the queue, sendmail forks a single per- sistent child for each queue that alternates between processing the queue and sleeping. The sleep time is given as the argument. The sleep time default is 1 second. The process will always sleep at least 5 seconds if the queue was empty in the previous queue run. -qf Processes saved messages in the queue once and does not fork(), but runs in the foreground. -qG name Processes jobs in the queue group called name only. -q[!]I substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender, or not when ! is specified. -v Prints verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (+ or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients that indicate the "controlling user" information. This shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command is expanded from, if any. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/security/prof_attr local source for execution profile attributes /var/spool/mqueue default server queue /var/spool/clientmqueue client queue ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), prof_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2002 mailq(1)