Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PAM Error messages on Server
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PAM Error messages on Server Post 302268643 by bsandeep_80 on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 04:28:04 AM
Old 12-16-2008
CVSNT is the concurrent versioning system that we are using using on this server.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PAM in aix 5.2

After enabling PAm , passwd command does not work properly error in passwd # passwd pamuser Changing password for "pamuser" pamuser's New password: Enter the new password again: 3004-709 Error changing password for "pamuser". ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayeshaseerin
0 Replies

2. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

3. Solaris

PAM settings.

Hi Experts, Appended is the pam.conf file in my Sol 5.10 client which uses AD for authentication(Followed scott Lowe's blog on AD-Solaris integration): bash-3.00# cat /etc/pam.conf ##ident "@(#)pam.conf 1.31 07/12/07 SMI" # Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Error opening PAM libraries : solaris 10 on vmware workstation

Hi Admins, I am facing an issue with Solaris 10 sitting on vmware workstation... When I start it, it gives me an error : "Error opening PAM libraries, contact system administrator" Also I can reach it via putty, but none of the id/passwd working. I did revert pam.conf. But still no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

5. Solaris

pam sshd error

Hi I wanted to convert my pam libraries to 64 bit. so recently compiled my pam_banner and pam_wheel to 64 bit. I got the following error... sshd: dlsym failed pam_sm_authenticate:error ld.so.1 : sshd fatal: pam_sm_authenticate: can't find symbol thnaks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
8 Replies

6. Ubuntu

PAM, set_rlimits

I have installed a real time kernel on ubuntu, Now, I don't know how to run in real time mode. I tried to execute commands and like emerge, PAM and alike but none were found. Then I installed set_rlimits package, it is installed. I need a real time server, but in the tutorial it tries to run PAM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture messages while doing RSH from one server to other server

Hi, I'm doing rsh from one server to get connected to the other server and getting a message of account expired: : rsh mia5omp ls -l /omp/omp-data/5estrip/01/06121221.5estrip account expired : I need to know when does this account expires and send the alert, so that account can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annybase
0 Replies

8. SuSE

PAM password change failed, pam error 20

Hi, I use a software which can create account on many system or application. One of resource which is managed by this soft his a server SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). patch level 3. This application which is an IBM application use ssh to launch command to create account in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scabarrus
3 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X LDAP client not accepting ssh or console logins (PAM error)

Hi Folks, I've install 389 Directory Server on a Centos 7.0 server. Over the last two days I've been trying to connect a MacBook running 10.10.5 to the server as a client and I'm having only partial success. I've "Joined" to my network Account Server, and set my LDAP Mappings to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlh
2 Replies
lpsched(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       lpsched(1M)

NAME
lpsched - start the LP print service SYNOPSIS
lpsched [-f num_filters] [-n num_notifiers] [-p fd_limit] [-r reserved_fds] DESCRIPTION
The lpsched command starts or restarts the LP print service. The lpshut command stops the LP print service. Printers that are restarted using lpsched reprint (in their entirety) print requests that were stopped by lpshut. See lpshut(1M). It is recommended that you start and stop the LP print service using svcadm(1M). See NOTES. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f num_filters Specifies the number of concurrent slow filters that may be run on a print server. A default value of 1 is used if none is specified. Depending on server configuration, a value of 1 may cause printers to remain idle while there are jobs queued to them. -n num_notifiers Specifies the number of concurrent notification processes that can run on a print server. A default value of 1 is used when none is specified. -p fd_limit Specifies the file descriptor resource limit for the lpsched process. A default value of 4096 is used if none is specified. On extremely large and active print servers, it may be necessary to increase this value. -r reserved_fds Specifies the number of file descriptors that the scheduler reserves for internal communications under heavy load. A default value of 2 is used when none is specified. It should not be necessary to modify this value unless instructed to do so when troubleshooting problems under high load. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), svcs(1), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpmove(1M), lpshut(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration NOTES
The lpsched service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/application/print/server Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 3 Sep 2004 lpsched(1M)