Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp) Post 302268601 by yeclota on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 03:00:47 AM
Old 12-16-2008
extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp)

Hi,
thanks for you help,
with this solution:
echo '/etc/exp/home/bin' | awk -F/ '{print $3}'
exp.

do you have another solution with sed command? because when a try your first solution in a shell script having 3 input parmeters, the {print $3} take another value.

now i'm looking for a sed command, if this command can solve the problem.

Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp question

Hi, Should be a difference between ']]*' and ']+' ? I use them in bash with sed and grep. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp for sed

$ cat file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>def <RR>sha This works for me: $ sed -r 's/^ .*<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>my <RR>sha But, this does not work for me: $ sed -r 's/^\s+<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demoprog
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl reg exp

Hi, I am using the following piece of code for extracting some data from in between some tags ... $text =~ /<TAG1>(.*)<\/TAG1>.*<TAG2>(.*)<\/TAG2>.*<TAG3>(.*)<\/TAG4>.*<TAG5>(.*)<\/TAG5>/; $tag1=$1; print "\n$tag1"; But I am getting an error like Use of uninitialized value in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exp command to extract particular rows

Hi, I'm new to unix so hopefully you can help! I'm using the below command to extract a tables contents and store it in a dmp file: exp OWNER/OWNER@LINK FILE=exp.dat TABLES=TABLE_TEST This works fine and dumps the table into the exp.dat file. What i can't figure out, is how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boijie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular exp in awk

Hi all, One small doubt, reg exp in awk, is it possible to extract the match of regular expression like in perl? eg: B R16288 Map3_NoCat B R16067 Map4_NoCat B R16647 Map3_NoCat B R16450 Map3_NoCat B R16106 Map6_NoCat B R16000 Map3_NoCat B R16395 Map3_NoCat B R16243 Map3_NoCat B R16023... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

set output of linux cmd as a variable in .exp

I am trying to make a script to take commands from a .txt file ( line by line) and pass it using send ( used in another function ) what i am trying to achieve is : set nol "`grep '' ${exp_path2}/cmdlist.txt | wc -l `" as in shell script nol=`grep '' $exp_path2/cmdlist.txt | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixyantar
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Need Help On REG EXP in unix

Respected All, I have a very big xml in that i want to search only below 3 lines. <target name ="UpgradePrimaryBox" depends ="configureBox1"> <echo> Finished Upgrading Primary Box </echo> </target> grep -i "<target.*UpgradePrimaryBox" this gives me the first line. then i need to match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
7 Replies
CGELS(l)								 )								  CGELS(l)

NAME
CGELS - solve overdetermined or underdetermined complex linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its conjugate-transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CGELS( TRANS, M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, WORK, LWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER TRANS INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, LWORK, M, N, NRHS COMPLEX A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
CGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined complex linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its conjugate-transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A. It is assumed that A has full rank. The following options are provided: 1. If TRANS = 'N' and m >= n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A*X ||. 2. If TRANS = 'N' and m < n: find the minimum norm solution of an underdetermined system A * X = B. 3. If TRANS = 'C' and m >= n: find the minimum norm solution of an undetermined system A**H * X = B. 4. If TRANS = 'C' and m < n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A**H * X ||. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. ARGUMENTS
TRANS (input) CHARACTER = 'N': the linear system involves A; = 'C': the linear system involves A**H. M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. if M >= N, A is overwritten by details of its QR factorization as returned by CGEQRF; if M < N, A is overwritten by details of its LQ factorization as returned by CGELQF. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the matrix B of right hand side vectors, stored columnwise; B is M-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'N', or N-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'C'. On exit, B is overwritten by the solution vectors, stored columnwise: if TRANS = 'N' and m >= n, rows 1 to n of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1 to M in that column; if TRANS = 'N' and m < n, rows 1 to N of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'C' and m >= n, rows 1 to M of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'C' and m < n, rows 1 to M of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements M+1 to N in that column. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= MAX(1,M,N). WORK (workspace/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LWORK) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK (input) INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS ) ). For optimal performance, LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS )*NB ). where MN = min(M,N) and NB is the optimum block size. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CGELS(l)