Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Single sql query to spool to multiple files Post 302268594 by Leion on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 02:21:52 AM
Old 12-16-2008
Single sql query to spool to multiple files

Is there anyway to spool my select statement into spool files of max 10000 records each?

eg I have a select statement that will return 45000 records.
A normal spool command will output the 45000 into just one spool file.

How can I make sqlplus do this?
00001 - 10000 records --- spool file 1
10001 - 20000 records --- spool file 2
20001 - 30000 records --- spool file 3
30001 - 40000 records --- spool file 4
40001 - 45000 records --- spool file 5

The aim is to ensure that the large spool file does not go over the filesize limit..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To spool output from a database query

Hi all, I would want to spool file for a database query, however by using crontab, the file is not spooled. Below shows my script: ORACLE_HOME="/u01/oraprod/perpdb/10.1.0/db_1" OUTFILE="/tmp/invalid.out" FILE="$HOME/admin/scripts" $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s "/as sysdba"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Multiple .SQL Files from Single Shell Script file

Hi, Please help me out. I have around 700 sql files to execute in a defined order, how can i do it from shell script (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a single sql file into multiple files

Hi,I have a single sql file containing many create table ddl's.Example: CREATE TABLE sec_afs ( rpt_per_typ_c char(1) NOT NULL, rpt_per_typ_t varchar(20) NULL, LOCK ALLPAGES go EXEC sp_primarykey 'sec_afs', rpt_per_typ_c go GRANT SELECT ON sec_afs TO developer_read_only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarter_aries
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in a loop with single sqlplus connection

Hi, I'm trying to build a shell script that reads a set of accounts from a file. For each account I need to perform a set of sql queries. So I have a loop with a set of sqlplus connections to retrieved my data. Is it possible to have a single sqlplus connection before entering the loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantacana
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/SQL loop to spool files!!

I want to spool files from unix using a sql script that would take values from another sql query within the KSH script.. unix loop select order_date from date_tbl for each order_Date i need to call this spool script with the value sqlplus scott/tiger@order_db @/ordspool/order_date.sql... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr23
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL*PLUS Spool Output

Hi, Im writing a script to run a bit of sql(via sqlplus) that pulls back some data and spools it to a file, I want the spool file to only display the data, with no sql command at the top and no reports at the bottom ie(# of records recieved). I am currently doing it via a grep command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Magezy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To pass multiple arguments from file in to an sql query

Hi all , I want to pass contents from a file say f1 as arguments to a sql query which has In statement using a script example select * from table_1 where login in ( `cat f1`) ; will this work or is there any other way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zozoo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies