Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: making shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting making shell script Post 302268269 by ivhb on Monday 15th of December 2008 09:49:07 AM
Old 12-15-2008
check your mail box, read error message. maybe you will find a way

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a SOAP call from within unix shell scripts

Hi guys, Is it possible to make SOAP calls from within Unix shell scripts? I need to access a web service from within UNIX in order to lookup something while I am doing some parsing on a file. Regards, Laud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

making script

hello experts cany any one help me i want to make one script which can rlogin to another machine . but it should not ask me username/password from me of another machine it should take the username and password from the script only. please help me out. regards, shary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in making shell script

Dear all Dear Brother I am bit new to programming or shell scripting. I have given one shell script which is regarding combining all the 240 or less files in a particular folderwhich is related to one hour of the day. There will be 24 these kind of folders related to a day . It means there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making file inside shell script

Hi, i have written a shell script and its working fine till now. Now, i have to enhance it with a small updation. i need to make a file inside my file that will contain the below parameters 1) Customer_id 2) Server_id 3) No. Account All the above variables are already been taken in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script with decision making

Hi all I need help for the issue below. I need to create script: FORM_cmd=query || import FORM_command=add FORM_msisdn=389881234567 FORM_provcode=SK FORM_attr=12 FORM_cmd can be "query" or "import" when FORM_cmd="query" then execute -> spdci -cmd $FORM_cmd FORM_cmd when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasil
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I could use some help with making a script

I run a small instrument lab. We track our user's time on the instruments with a very manual process of 'last wtmp.1' then cut/paste data into spreadsheets. My boss makes the initial spreadsheets then I convert and format them for uploading into our billing software (COReS). Cores is looking for a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpontius
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell scripting for making queries on postgres sql

I have a situation where I have a list of airplanes that make a series of flights. Therefore I am looking up the different flights that each airplane makes based on a postgres sql query: select flightid from plane where airplane='DELTAx' As a result I get a series of flight numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help With making this script

Hello, im a new user on this site and learning scripting very slowly at a understanding pace. However i am up with a challenge and require help completing this. The script has to include arguments, variables, decisions and loops. So the script is about calculating the broadcast address for any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tHe666
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me making this script

This script is executed whenever a new vehicle is added to the cycle-motor park of campus. The script asks for the following information about the car and adds a new line to the vehicle file.txt: name (name of an animal, unique identifier), color, mark, model, type (e.g., electrical, manual),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre2222
2 Replies
msgchk(1mh)															       msgchk(1mh)

Name
       msgchk - check for messages

Syntax
       msgchk [ -help ] [ -nodate ] [ -notify all|mail|nomail ] [ users ...  ]

Description
       The  program checks all known mail drops for mail that is waiting for you.  It displays whether you have mail waiting to be read or not and
       shows the date that you last read your mail.

You can check other user's maildrops by specifying their user names as the users argument on the command line.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options for this command.

-date
       -nodate	 Prints the date when you last read your mail.	This is the default behavior of The -nodate option can be used of you do not  want
		 to print this date.

-notify
       -nonotify Indicates  under  what circumstances should produce a message.  There are three legal values: all, mail, and nomail.  The default
		 is -notify all, which reports the status of the maildrop regardless of whether it has mail in it or not.  The -notify mail option
		 reports  the  status of the maildrop only if there is mail waiting.  The -notify nomail option reports the status of the maildrop
		 only if there is no mail in it.

-source file
		 Specifies the source which are checked for mail.  The only value allowed is file, which is the user's maildrop.  Additional  val-
		 ues are supported only for use with other mail systems.

Restrictions
       does  not  understand the $MAILDROP environmental variable.  If mail is fetched from a location other than will not be able to determine if
       new mail has arrived.  However, can still be used to fetch mail when it arrives.

For this version, the -source option only supports the value file.  Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems.

Examples
       This example shows a user Smith checking his own maildrop:
       % msgchk
       Smith:
	  New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 88 17
       :21:49 WET

The next example shows a user checking the maildrops of two other local users on the same system, Rabb and Jones:
       % msgchk Rabb Jones
       Rabb:
	  No file-source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 13:22:
       25 WET
       Jones:
	  New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 17:30
       :05 WET

Files
       The user profile.

The system customization file.

The user's maildrop.

See Also