Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check the record count in table (table in oracle) Post 302268201 by zaxxon on Monday 15th of December 2008 07:31:12 AM
Old 12-15-2008
(10) Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply. Don't send a private message with a technical question. The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.

You can find the rules here: The UNIX and Linux Forums - Forum Rules

Thread closed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time then Go to sleep mode and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix command to extract a record from a table

Suppose there is a table like the following...I just wanted to know if there is any command using which we can get the record/name of the person who joined before 2005.. Sl Name des y.o.joining 1 Ram Engineer 2001 2 Hari Doctor 2004 3 David Plumber 2005 4 Rahim painter 2007 5 gurmeet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to count the dataflow in a table in oracle database

I need to write a unix shell script to connect to oracle database and retrieve data from a table, the script should count the total number of rows till date in that table number of rows which are getting filled per hour on current day and the peak hour of the current day number of rows which are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhAnT0M
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help in copying table structure to another table with constraints in Oracle

hi, i need to copy one table with data into another table, right now am using create table table1 as select * from table2 i want the constraints of table1 to be copied to table2 also , can anyone give me some solution to copy the constraints also, now am using oracle 10.2.0.3.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i populate the record in to table using shell scripting?

LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( echo "From: $pzFrom\nTo: $pzTo\nSubject: $pzTitle${pzReplyTo:+\nReply-To: $pzReplyTo}" ] && echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to check if Oracle table exists

I am trying to write a script which allows a user to select the what manipulation he needs to do on a table. I want to check if the table exists or not. If it exists I will continue the other things or else I exit saying table doesn't exist. How might I achieve this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmatcat
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX spool command not extracting complete record from the Oracle table

Hello All, I'm trying to spool an oracle table data into a csv file on unix server but the complete record is not being extracted. The record is almost 1000 characters but only 100 characters are being extracted and rest of the data getting truncated. I'm setting below options : SET... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
4 Replies

9. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
cdb(5)								File Formats Manual							    cdb(5)

NAME
cdb - Constant DataBase file format DESCRIPTION
A cdb database is a single file used to map `keys' to `values', having records of (key,value) pairs. File consists of 3 parts: toc (table of contents), data and index (hash tables). Toc has fixed length of 2048 bytes, containing 256 pointers to hash tables inside index sections. Every pointer consists of position of a hash table in bytes from the beginning of a file, and a size of a hash table in entries, both are 4-bytes (32 bits) unsigned integers in little-endian form. Hash table length may have zero length, meaning that corresponding hash table is empty. Right after toc section, data section follows without any alingment. It consists of series of records, each is a key length, value (data) length, key and value. Again, key and value length are 4-byte unsigned integers. Each next record follows previous without any special alignment. After data section, index (hash tables) section follows. It should be looked to in conjunction with toc section, where each of max 256 hash tables are defined. Index section consists of series of hash tables, with starting position and length defined in toc section. Every hash table is a sequence of records each holds two numbers: key's hash value and record position inside data section (bytes from the begin- ning of a file to first byte of key length starting data record). If record position is zero, then this is an empty hash table slot, pointed to nowhere. CDB hash function is hv = ((hv << 5) + hv) ^ c for every single c byte of a key, starting with hv = 5381. Toc section indexed by (hv % 256), i.e. hash value modulo 256 (number of entries in toc section). In order to find a record, one should: first, compute the hash value (hv) of a key. Second, look to hash table number hv modulo 256. If it is empty, then there is no such key exists. If it is not empty, then third, loop by slots inside that hash table, starting from slot with number hv divided by 256 modulo length of that table, or ((hv / 256) % htlen), searching for this hv in hash table. Stop search on empty slot (if record position is zero) or when all slots was probed (note cyclic search, jumping from end to beginning of a table). When hash value in question is found in hash table, look to key of corresponding record, comparing it with key in question. If them of the same length and equals to each other, then record is found, overwise, repeat with next hash table slot. Note that there may be several records with the same key. SEE ALSO
cdb(1), cdb(3). AUTHOR
The tinycdb package written by Michael Tokarev <mjt@corpit.ru>, based on ideas and shares file format with original cdb library by Dan Bernstein. LICENSE
Public domain. Apr, 2005 cdb(5)