Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: searching using grep command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching using grep command Post 302268059 by prakash.gr on Monday 15th of December 2008 01:20:09 AM
Old 12-15-2008
thx for your suggestion

Thanks

Prakash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - searching for a specific string

ppl, this is my "file" with fields orderno orderdate orderdesc telno street city 1 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 2 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 3 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 4 01/04/2006 abc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Searching for a newbie...

Hi, I really need some help with GREP searching... I need to find all occurances of a file reference and remove two characters from the end of the reference. For example, here are a few lines showing the text: <image file="STRAIGHT_004CR.jpg" ALT="STRAIGHT_004CR.jpg" /> <image... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveglevin
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching mutiple word - Tuning grep command

Hi all, I have a log file which is more than 1GB, i need to take count from the log file for two strings. i am using the below command but it take a long time to excetue, i need to tune this. Please help me cat /logs/gcbs/gcbsTrace.log | grep -i "ViewStatementBusinessLogic" | grep -c -i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone help with shell script command about searching word with grep command?

i want to search in the current directory all the files that contain one word for example "hello" i want to achieve it with the grep command but not with the grep * (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep searching

I am making a script but having little problem. at one part I need to find one number format or other format from a file.. those formats are xxx-xx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxx i tried grep '( \{3\}-\{2\}-\{3\} |\{9\})' if i do them sepratly it work but like this it is not working Please check... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep searching interval

Hi all, I just want to find all values that are in a specified interval. I tryed it with grep e- file , it does not work. Is it possible to get values wich are lower a special number, like grep >e-18 file? Thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newcommer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic string searching for grep

hi my code is something like count=0 echo "oracle TABLESPACE NAME nd TARGET" while do count=`expr $count + 1` (1) tts_space_name$count=`echo $tts | cut -d "," -f$count` (2) target$count=grep $(tts_space_name$count)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep - Searching for multiple items using one command

I am performing a regular check on UNIX servers which involves logging onto UNIX servers and using the grep command to check if a GID exists in the /etc/group directory e.g. grep 12345 /etc/group I have five to check on each server, is there anyway I can incorporate them into one command and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @MeDaveT
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple patters using grep

i have a file as below grepfile.txt ---------------- RNTO command successful No such file or directory Authentication failed if i seach individually for 'RNTO command successful' or 'No such file or directory' using grep -i as below, im gettting result. grep -i 'No such file or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for exact match using grep

I am searching for an exact match on a value read from another file to lookup an email address in another file. The file being checked is called "contacts" and it has Act #, email address, and contact person. 1693;abc1693@yahoo.comt;Tommy D 6423;abc6423@yahoo.comt;Jim Doran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
2 Replies
Convert::ASCII::Armour(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Convert::ASCII::Armour(3pm)

NAME
Convert::ASCII::Armour - Convert binary octets into ASCII armoured messages. SYNOPSIS
my $converter = new Convert::ASCII::Armour; my $message = $converter->armour( Object => "FOO RECORD", Headers => { Table => "FooBar", Version => "1.23", }, Content => { Key => "0x8738FA7382", Name => "Zoya Hall", Pic => "....", # gif }, Compress => 1, ); print $message; -----BEGIN COMPRESSED FOO RECORD----- Version: 1.23 Table: FooBar eJwzZzA0Z/BNLS5OTE8NycgsVgCiRIVciIAJg6EJg0tiSaqhsYJvYlFy... XnpOZl5qYlJySmpaekZmVnZObl5+QWFRcUlpWXlFZRWXAk7g6OTs4urm... Fh4VGaWAR5ehkbGJqZm5hSUeNXWKDsoGcWpaGpq68bba0dWxtTVmDOYM... NzuZ =MxpZvjkrv5XyhkVCuXmsBQ== -----END COMPRESSED FOO RECORD----- my $decoded = $converter->unarmour( $message ) || die $converter->errstr(); DESCRIPTION
This module converts hashes of binary octets into ASCII messages suitable for transfer over 6-bit clean transport channels. The encoded ASCII resembles PGP's armoured messages, but are in no way compatible with PGP. METHODS
new() Constructor. armour() Converts a hash of binary octets into an ASCII encoded message. The encoded message has 4 parts: head and tail strings that act as identifiers and delimiters, a cluster of headers at top of the message, Base64 encoded message body and a Base64 encoded MD5 digest of the message body. armour() takes a hash as argument with following keys: Object An identification string embedded in head and tail strings. Content Content is a hashref that contains the binary octets to be encoded. This hash is serialized, compressed (if specified) and encoded into ASCII with MIME::Base64. The result is the body of the encoded message. Headers Headers is a hashref that contains ASCII headers that are placed at top of the encoded message. Headers are encoded as RFC822 headers. Compress A boolean parameter that forces armour() to compress the message body. unarmour() Decodes an armoured ASCII message into the hash provided as argument to armour(). The hash contains Content, Object, and Headers. unarmour() performs several consistency checks and returns a non-true value on failure. errstr() Returns the error message set by unarmour() on failure. AUTHOR
Vipul Ved Prakash, <mail@vipul.net> LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2001, Vipul Ved Prakash. All rights reserved. This code is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
MIME::Base64(3), Compress::Zlib(3), Digest::MD5(3) perl v5.10.1 2001-03-19 Convert::ASCII::Armour(3pm)