Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how can i remove files with extension in many folders Post 302268057 by siba.s.nayak on Monday 15th of December 2008 01:19:16 AM
Old 12-15-2008
Hi,
Keep everything same, just change the line "for each in `find server/ -name "*" -print`"
as followes

For only main directory
for each in `find . -maxdepth 1 -name "*.php"`

For directory and subdirectory,
for each in `find . -name "*.php"`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string search in folders with particular multiple file extension

Hi, I am newbie in UNIX so please excuse for my questions. Is there a a way to search for string in files within folder and sub folder in particluar file extensions. Ex. search for ABC in folder 'A'(including it's sub folders) in html, xml files. Thanks, Ani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anikanch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy all files and folders and cjange or remove ownership

So tried: cp -r -p test1/ user@machine:///srv/www/vhosts/domain.co.uk/httpdocs/backup/ but this didn't work either :( Anyone able to help with this? Many thanks Mr M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterm
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to remove inner files without removing child folders

Hi, I want to write a command to remove all the files from a folder and inner child folder without removing the child folders of parent folder. like I have folder like this... folder a/b/c file a/test.sql file a/b/test2.txt file a/b/c/temp.jpeg now I want to remove all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove inner files without removing child folders

Hi, I want to write a command to remove all the files from a folder and inner child folder without removing the child folders of parent folder. like I have folder like this... Code: folder a/b/c file a/test.sql file a/b/test2.txt file a/b/c/temp.jpeg now I want to remove... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some manipulations with files and folders. (loop, find, create and remove)

Hello! I need to realize such task. 1. In my user's home dir I have folder1; 2. In folder1 I have some (various count) subfolders with random names; 3. In these subfolders I have one file anyname.pdf (various name in each subfolder) and file content.txt (constant name in each subfolder) ##... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: optik77
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files then remove the folders

Hi, i am using the below script to zip the files with respect to their timestamp of the files.It is working fine. For example lets take I have two files in this directory /path/folder1 with the timestamp as this month and previous month. When i run this script first time it is creating two... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old then remove

I need to write a script to : list files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old, save it in a file and then remove (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the .csv extension files based on .done extension fine

Hi All, I want to fetch the files based on .done file and display the .csv files and Wil take .csv files for processing. 1.I need to display the .done files from the directory. 2.next i need to search for the .Csv files based on .done file.then move .csv files for the one directory ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija.g6
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash to remove find and remove specific extension

The bash below executes and does find all the .bam files in each R_2019 folder. However set -x shows that the .bam extension only gets removed from one .bam file in each folder (appears to be the last in each). Why is it not removing the extension from each (this is $SAMPLE)? Thank you :). set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)