Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get the script corrected to get the solution Post 302268055 by cfajohnson on Monday 15th of December 2008 01:17:28 AM
Old 12-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by prsam
Code:
for i in `cat $LOC/atrblist.txt`

That is almost always the wrong way to read a file. Use a while loop and redirection:

Code:
while IFS= read -r i
do
 : do whatever
done < "$LOC/atrblist.txt"

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script solution

Hi I need to do this thing in awk (or perl?). I try to find out how can I identify 1st and 2nd result from the OR expression in gensub: block='title Sata Mandriva kernel /boot/vmlinuz initrd /boot/initrd.img' echo "$block" | awk '{ x=gensub(/(kernel|initrd) /,"\\1XXX","g"); print x }' ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: webhope
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command needs to be corrected.

Hi All, I am writing a simple script for find and replace strings in a bunch of files.Everything looks good except for the sed command , since it has a "/" in the search command and "$" in the replace string. Please find the script below. Can someone please help me in getting to the right sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script solution as singleline ?

Hello My script has following line and output find path -type d | awk -F "/" 'NF == 4{print $3}' path/custype=Type1/logdate=20160414 path/custype=Type11122/logdate=20160414 But I need following output that I need custtype information between "" like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuluhan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with compare 2 column content and corrected/replaced word

Input File CGGCGCCTCGCNNNCGAGCG CGGCGCGCCGAATCCGTGCG TCGCNGC GCGCCGC ACGGCNNNNN ACGGCCTCGCG CGGCNGCCCGCCC CGGCGCGCCGTCC Desired Output File CGGCGCCTCGCNNNCGAGCG CGGCGCGCCGAATCCGTGCG CGGCGCCTCGCATCCGAGCG TCGCNGC GCGCCGC TCGCCGC ACGGCNNNNN ACGGCCTCGCG ACGGCTCGCG... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
6 Replies
MESSAGES(3)						  libbash messages Library Manual					       MESSAGES(3)

NAME
messages -- libbash library that implements a set of functions to print standard status messages SYNOPSIS
printOK [indent] printFAIL [indent] printNA [indent] printATTN [indent] printWAIT [indent] DESCRIPTION
General messages is a collection of functions to print standard status messages - those [ OK ] and [FAIL] messages you see during Linux boot process. The function list: printOK Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) Detailed interface description follows. indent Column to move to before printing. Default indent is calculated as TTY_WIDTH-10. If current tty width can not be determined (for example, in case of serial console), it defaults to 80, so default indent is 80-10=10 FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
printOK [indent] Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL [indent] Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA [indent] Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN [indent] Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT [indent] Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) EXAMPLES
Run a program named MyProg, and report it's success or failure: echo -n 'Running MyProg...' printWAIT if MyProg ; then printOK else printFAIL fi AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux