Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users tar: how to preserve atime? (also on extracted version, not just original) Post 302267997 by frank_rizzo on Sunday 14th of December 2008 09:47:23 PM
Old 12-14-2008
use the -p option when you extract it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

Original BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11)

Just dusted off an old version of the Byte UNIX Benchmarks from our old benchmark days at http://linux.silkroad.com/ and ran them against www.unix.com: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- Linux www 2.4.20 #2 Mon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell what version of tar I have?

I know this should be easy, but Google is not turning up any results: How can I find out what version of software (like tar and gzip) I have installed on my Sun box? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about UNIX? original version?

sorry for my English We'll report about Unix in my school, for Operating Systems subject... with Installation demo.... I'm wondering if System V, which is from original developers AT&T still exist and downloadable? because I cant find it anywhere... then i found out that Solaris, MacOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowchem
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP tar version

Guys, I need to know what version of tar i am using in our HP B11.11 box (model = 9000/800/rp8420 ). We have created a tar file and i wanted to know if the tar version i used supported 8GB-sized files (Check sanity of the archived file). As you know old version of tar is limited to files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marlonus999
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command dont tar to original directory

HI, if I have a tarfile called pmapdata.tar that contains tar -tvf pmapdata.tar -rw-r--r-- 0/0 21 Oct 15 11:00 2009 /var/tmp/pmapdata/pmap4628.txt -rw-r--r-- 0/0 21 Oct 14 20:00 2009 /var/tmp/pmapdata/pmap23752.txt -rw-r--r-- 0/0 1625 Oct 13 20:00 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

preserve guid:uid tar / cp

hello, i've a backup of a xen image which was tar'ed. i extracted the tarfile with --preserve and moved it to the lvm partition useing cp -p to preserve the ownership informations of the files in this step too. but unfortunatly after extracting the archive some uid and guids which are present... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coffeecup
5 Replies

7. AIX

tar version

Hi How to find the version of tar installed in my aix box ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete original files after using a tar operation.

I have a list of log files in a directory. Once i tar them I need to remove the original log files. How do i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manutd
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar command to preserve the folder/file arrangement

Hi, I do have question for un tar a file. I have several 'tar'ed files. For example: SRS.tar.bz2. I was trying to untar them in a linux server using the command: tar xvjf SRS.tar.bz2 It worked perfectly. but when I open this file in my mac computer all the files are extracted into a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print duplicate row along with highest version of original

There are some duplicate field on description column .I want to print duplicate row along with highest version of number and corresponding description column. file1.txt number Description === ============ 34567 nl21a00is-centerdb001:ncdbareq:Error in loading init 34577 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
7 Replies
intltool-extract(1)						   User Commands					       intltool-extract(1)

NAME
intltool-extract - generate header file from XML source file SYNOPSIS
intltool-extract [--ini-style] [--help] [--verbose] [--version] [--xml-style] [--scheme-style] source-file DESCRIPTION
intltool-extract generates header files from the strings in the specified input files which gettext can use to merge strings into the .pot file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --help Show usage and basic help information. You can also use -H to specify this option. --ini-style Specifies that the source file is of type gettext/ini. --scheme-style Specifies that the source file is of type gettext/scheme. You can also use -O to specify this option. --verbose Provide additional feedback. You can also use -X to specify this option. --version Show version information. You can also use -V to specify this option. --xml-style Specifies that the source file is of type gettext/xml. You can also use -O to specify this option. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: source-file Specifies the pathname of the XML file from which to extract translatable content. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating a Header File for a Schemas File, With Verbose Output example% intltool-extract -O --scheme-style foo.schemas.in EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/intltool-extracThe command-line executable for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-common-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intltool-merge(1), intltool-prepare(1), intltool-unicodify(1), intltool-update(1), intltoolize(1) NOTES
For more information, see the I18N-HOWTO file, which is provided with the intltool source code. Updated by Damien Donlon, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. Written by Darin Adler, Kenneth Christiansen, Maciej Stachowiak. SunOS 5.10 3 Apr 2003 intltool-extract(1)