Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users The DT messaging system could not be started Post 302267915 by Izoo on Sunday 14th of December 2008 04:14:46 PM
Old 12-14-2008
Bug The DT messaging system could not be started on tru64 unix 5.1a

I do get the same error message running on a compaq alpha box, ES45. This also result on the system losing the network settings when rebooted.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started HP-UX

Hi People! I've just got a HP-UX system dumped on me. I've started it, followed all the install/setup questions, and everything was going ok, right upto when going into the desktop enviroment I got the message "The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started". Now I've checked the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP VUE Messaginbg system could not be started

hi guys..its been a while since my last post... a friend of mine has a problem with their HP Openview and has the following error: The HP VUE messaging system could not be started. To correct the problem: 1. Choose to return to the login-screen. 2. Select failsafe session.... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

DT messaging could not be started

this id the message i get with a suggestions to check those files: /etc/src.sh /etc/hosts /usr/adm/inetd.sec i have little knowledge of hoe to edit those files/ i went to the etc library and didn't found src.sh file. what should i do? also didn't find the inetd.sec file In the host... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirp
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE problem - The DT messaging system could not be started

A Google search with: +Solaris +"The DT messaging system could not be started" returns 138 hits. All of the relevant possible solutions are in this document. My apologies for such a long document but I thought I would try to minimize the resolution attempts that I've already tried. System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8, you boot the system but does not have anything on the screen (not started)

Greetings to all. I have two computers, Sun Blade 150. the first, had the Solaris 8 system, and that system needed to clone the "second" to start it with the same settings. Use a program to clone the drive, and then have cloned, had the error: Can't read disk label. Can't open disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feliz-58
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The DT messaging system could not be started.

Good Morning, Users can no longer log into SunBlade 2500 Solaris 9 system (though root still can). Here's what I'm getting and what I've done. I'm most suspicious of the full drive since that pops up twice and I did see one looks full. What's a good way to reduce what's on it?- or.. what else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
statd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 statd(1M)

NAME
statd - network status monitor SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/statd DESCRIPTION
statd is an intermediate version of the status monitor. It interacts with lockd(1M) to provide the crash and recovery functions for the locking services on NFS. statd keeps track of the clients with processes which hold locks on a server. When the server reboots after a crash, statd sends a message to the statd on each client indicating that the server has rebooted. The client statd processes then inform the lockd on the client that the server has rebooted. The client lockd then attempts to reclaim the lock(s) from the server. statd on the client host also informs the statd on the server(s) holding locks for the client when the client has rebooted. In this case, the statd on the server informs its lockd that all locks held by the rebooting client should be released, allowing other processes to lock those files. lockd is started by automountd(1M), mount_nfs(1M), and share(1M) if NFS automounts are needed. FILES
/var/statmon/sm lists hosts and network addresses to be contacted after a reboot /var/statmon/sm.bak lists hosts and network addresses that could not be contacted after last reboot /var/statmon/state includes a number which changes during a reboot /usr/include/rpcsvc/sm_inter.x contains the rpcgen source code for the interface services provided by the statd daemon. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), automountd(1M), lockd(1M), mount_nfs(1M), share(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services NOTES
The crash of a server is only detected upon its recovery. The statd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/nfs/status Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. If it is disabled, it will be enabled by mount_nfs(1M), share_nfs(1M), and automountd(1M) unless its application/auto_enable prop- erty is set to false. SunOS 5.10 18 Nov 2004 statd(1M)