Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to determine which netcard is virtual netcard Post 302267814 by alert0919 on Sunday 14th of December 2008 01:54:52 AM
Old 12-14-2008
how to determine which netcard is virtual netcard

which conditions I can to distinguish which is physical netcard or virtual netcard via lanscan command

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differentiating between Virtual and non Virtual IP addresses

Hello, I would like to know if there is a command or any configuration file to find and differentiate the Virtual IP Addresses (of the Cluster Resource Group) and the IP Address of the Cluster Node. I observe that the ifconfig -a command returns all the IP addresses configured on the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to check all virtual hostnames/virtual IP's

Hi Folks, I want to check all the virtual hostname's/IP's of a host/ip. Currently we are using HP-UX and open SuSe. Please tell me the command to list out all virtual names of a particular host. many thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai21
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card which condition can make a decision Does HP UX have Virtual Network Adapter Concept if ,it has where I can Find if I Install Virutal Network Adapter or which command that i can get it or which software can generate thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
HWINFO(8)						       System configuration							 HWINFO(8)

NAME
hwinfo - probe for hardware SYNOPSIS
hwinfo [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
hwinfo is used to probe for the hardware present in the system. It can be used to generate a system overview log which can be later used for support. OPTIONS
Note that running hwinfo without any options is roughly equivalent to 'hwinfo --all --log=-'. --<HARDWARE_ITEM> This option can be given more than once. Probe for a particular HARDWARE_ITEM. Available hardware items are: all, arch, bios, block, bluetooth, braille, bridge, camera, cdrom, chipcard, cpu, disk, dsl, dvb, fingerprint, floppy, framebuffer, gfxcard, hub, ide, isapnp, isdn, joystick, keyboard, memory, modem, monitor, mouse, netcard, network, partition, pci, pcmcia, pcm- cia-ctrl, pppoe, printer, redasd, reallyall, scanner, scsi, smp, sound, storage-ctrl, sys, tape, tv, uml, usb, usb-ctrl, vbe, wlan, xen, zip --short Show only a summary. Use this option in addition to a hardware probing option. --listmd Normally hwinfo does not report RAID devices. Add this option to see them. --only DEVNAME This option can be given more than once. If you add this option, only data about devices with DEVNAME will be shown. --save-config SPEC Store config for a particular device below /var/lib/hardware. SPEC can be a device name, an UDI, or 'all'. This option must be given in addition to a hardware probing option. --show-config UDI Show saved config data for a particular device. --map If disk names have changed (e.g. after a kernel update) this prints a list of disk name mappings. Note that you must have used --save-config at some point before for this can work. --debug N Set debug level to N. The debug info is shown only in the log file. If you specify a log file, the debug level is implicitly set to a reasonable value. --verbose Increase verbosity. Only together with --map. --log FILE Write log info to FILE. --dump-db N Dump hardware data base. N is either 0 for the external data base in /var/lib/hardware, or 1 for the internal data base. --version Print libhd version. --help Print usage. ENVIRONMENT
hwprobe can hold a comma-separated list of probing flags preceded by '+' or '-' to be turned on or off. To get a complete list of supported flags, run 'hwinfo -all' (note: not '--all') and look at the top of the output. hwinfo also looks at /proc/cmdline for a hwprobe option. EXAMPLES
- show all disks hwinfo --disk - just an overview hwinfo --short --block - show a particular disk hwinfo --disk --only /dev/sdb - save disk config state hwinfo --disk --save-config=all - try 4 graphics card ports for monitor data (default: 3) hwprobe=bios.ddc.ports=4 hwinfo --monitor - monitor detection runs the Video BIOS to get the monitor data; dump a complete BIOS code execution trace to the log hwprobe=bios.ddc.ports=1,x86emu=trace:dump:trace.only=0:dump.only=0 hwinfo --monitor --log=foo FILES
/var/lib/hardware/hd.ids External hardware data base (in readable text form). Try the --dump-db option to see the format. /var/lib/hardware/udi Directory where persistent config data are stored (see --save-config option). BUGS
Not all hardware can be detected. SEE ALSO
More documentation in /usr/share/doc/packages/hwinfo. Source repository: git://git.opensuse.org/projects/hwinfo.git. hwinfo June 2009 HWINFO(8)