Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: basic unix question
Operating Systems Solaris basic unix question Post 302267778 by reborg on Saturday 13th of December 2008 08:27:11 PM
Old 12-13-2008
Yes, in practical terms that's exactly what it means.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A basic UNIX question... please help

Heythere, I am currently learning SHELL PROGRAMMING and I have been set this basic task: To identify who I am and 'output' it ten times. Now I know that the 'WHO AM I' command identifies who I am but I just cannot find how to reproduce it ten times. I've tried using 'echo' (i.e.: while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peterms
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

I have some basic doubts. Can someone clarify in this forum? 1)if then eval ' tset -s -Q -m ':?hp' ' else eval ' tset -s -Q ' what does it exactly mean in .profile? 2) what are 'nobody' and 'noaccess' usernames in /etc/passwd file. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic Unix Question?

is there any reason why a user would want to create an empty file in Unix? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

hey...when i type who...what does "pts" field mean??? eg pts 0 etc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urwannabefriend
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

basic question about UNIX?

With not knowing absolute nothing about Unix can anyone let me in on how it is setup and how easy is it to learn?I'm using MML Commands and know that it is completely different but if I start learning commands in UNIX is that a good way to get started? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoliOCon
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very Basic Question

How to know if my AIX 5.2 is running at 64bits? THANKS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really basic question....

Hello all. Let me start off by saying I know a little more then it seems by me asking this question... here goes I have an old 486 box and I want to start messing around with unix. I've been taking classes for 3 or 4 years in c programming in unix, so I am used to the commands and such, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robherms
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Basic OS question

Could someone tell me the command to find out the OS version which will give 12 character not the 9 characters(which is usually machine id). uname -i gives machine id and uname -a is more comprehensive way to look. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic question

hi, I have a basic question,, i am in a directory called /intas/OCU_3.9.1/sbin ocuut1@france>mv itsa_tcs itsa_tcs_old mv: itsa_tcs_old: rename: Permission denied i am logging as the owner of the file. when i am doing this i am getting the above error of permission denied. I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic nc question

i'm doing this in one terminal: nc -lu 7402 and it appears to start listening properly, then in another i do this: echo "hello" | nc -u localhost 7402 and nothing happens on the listening terminal - what am i doing wrong? thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterworth
7 Replies
TM::PSI(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      TM::PSI(3pm)

NAME
TM::PSI - Topic Maps, PSI (published subject identifiers) DESCRIPTION
This package provides predefined subjects, all of which will be preloaded in every map which is instantiated with the TM package hierarchy. When the subjects are defined also their relationship are kept here (example: isa is an instance of an assertion). Every such subject is defined by its item identifier The internal identifier, which does not really mean much. subject identifier The subject indicator(s), which is ultimately the one which identifies any of the subjects here. NOTE: For none of the subjects declared here a subject address exists. All concepts are TM-related concepts. The subjects are sorted: TMRM-related These are the minimal subjects which make a map what it is. Examples are "isa" and its related role (type) "class" and "instance", and "is-subclass-of" and its related roles. TMDM-related (XTM things) These are the additional concepts which are mandated by TMDM. AsTMa-related Here are more concepts which are needed by the AsTMa= language(s), such as "template" or "ontology". TMQL-related Here are more concepts which are needed by TMQL. To learn about these predefined concepts, you can do one of the following use TM::PSI; warn Dumper ($TM::PSI::core, $TM::PSI::topicmaps_inc, $TM::PSI::astma_inc, $TM::PSI::tmql_inc); Taxonometry Two association types are predefined by the standard(s): "is-subclass-of" and "isa". Together with these roles are defined "subclass", "superclass" and "instance", "class", respectively. The TM::* suite of packages has these not only built in, but also works under the assumption that these association types and also the roles CANNOT be subclassed themselves. This means that no map is allowed to use, say, "is-specialization-of" as a subclass of "is-subclass-of". The costs of this constraint is quite small compared to the performance benefits. Infrastructure Concepts To make the whole machinery work, every topic map must contain infrastructure topics such as "name", "occurrence" etc. They are topics like the topics a user may put into the map. While this is the right thing to do, in practical situation you often will want to filter out these infrastructure topics. You can always get a list of these via @@@ fix docu @@@@@ $tm->mids (keys %{$TM::PSI::topicmaps->{mid2iid}}); SEE ALSO
TM AUTHOR INFORMATION
Copyright 200[1-68], Robert Barta <drrho@cpan.org>, All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.10.1 2010-07-18 TM::PSI(3pm)