Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting table cells in a script Post 302267615 by phpfreak on Friday 12th of December 2008 09:07:01 PM
Old 12-12-2008
dd, sorry I didn't get back sooner but I just wanted to let you know that the script worked like a charm. Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm -i and deleting files from an index table

Hi, I am trying to make a command to delete my files out the trash can, but one at a time. I am currently using rm - i to do this, but the original file locations for restoring my files are heard on a .txt file which I am using as an index table. How would I manage to make it so that if I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: E-WAN
21 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting cells that contain a specific number only from a space delimited text file

I have this space delimited large text file with more than 1,000,000+ columns and about 100 rows. I want to delete all the cells that consist of just 2 (leave 2's that are not by themselves intact): File before modification aa bb cc 2 NA100 dd aa b1 c2 2 NA102 de File after modification... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filling empty cells

How do you fill empty cells that do not have any data in them with "X" in a tab delimited text file? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving new row and deleting old row to another table

Hi, I want to move a new row to another table if the field from new row doesn't have the first word that I categorized (like: IRC blablabla, PTM blablabla, ADM blablabla, BS blablabla). I already use this script but doesn't work as I expected. CHECK_KEYWORD="$( mysql -uroot -p123456 smsd -N... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In php, Moving a new row to another table and deleting old row

Hi, I already succeed moving a new row to another table if the field from new row doesn't have the first word that I categorized (like: IRC blablabla, PTM blablabla, ADM blablabla, BS blablabla). But it can't delete the old row. Please help me with the script. my php script: INSERT INTO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting unwanted text from a table

Hi everyone, I have a microbial diversity table in the format ;k__kingdom; p__phylum, etc, somer rows have descriptions before the :k__ (like the af028349.1 below) is there a way I can get rid of this text (which is different every time) and keep all the other columns? Thanks a bunch! ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juan Gonzalez
1 Replies

7. Programming

Perl script to merge cells in column1 which has same strings, for all sheets in a excel workbook

Perl script to merge cells ---------- Post updated at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:54 AM ---------- I am using below code to read files from a dir and print to excel. open(my $in, '<', $file) or die "Could not open file: $!"; my $rowCount = 0; my $colCount = 0;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jack_Bruce
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BASH SCRIPT - Insert date into cells in cvs file

Hi, I'm looking to accomplish the following. Insert current date into three places/cells within a cvs, every time the bash script is executed. The cells are column A,B,C row 2. Row 1 is reserved for the headers. The file name is always orders.csv. These three cells we always have an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rookievmc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge cells in all rows of a HTML table dynamically.

Hello All, I have visited many pages in Unix.com and could find out one solution for merging the HTML cells in the 1st row. (Unable to post the complete URL as I should not as per website rules). But, however I try, I couldn't achieve this merging to happen for all other rows of HTML... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mounika
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove duplicates in a dataframe (table) keeping all the different cells of just one of the columns

Hello all, I need to filter a dataframe composed of several columns of data to remove the duplicates according to one of the columns. I did it with pandas. In the main time, I need that the last column that contains all different data ( not redundant) is conserved in the output like this: A ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro88
5 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)