Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read inputs from a file Post 302267561 by jimoney on Friday 12th of December 2008 05:32:45 PM
Old 12-12-2008
How to read inputs from a file

Hello;
Please I need to read inputs from a file change 1 or 2 things the output to another file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading in two inputs from a file

Hi all, I've been assigned the task of modifying a script which reads in names of tables from a list file, exports a 30 days worth of data from these tables, then deletes the table. The list file will now contain a table name and a number next to it indicating how many days to archive. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MadHatter
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inputs from a file

Hi, I have a shell script that has to taken inputs from a file say "Inputs". Now I take 2 inputs at a time. Suppose the Inputs file contains numbers like 2 3 4 5 Now I have a written a script for adding 2 numbers. When I run the script for first time 2 and 3 must be the inputs. When i run the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating inputs from a file

Hi, I have a file called inputs. Now that file has the values like this: 1 2 3 Now In my script called 'get.sh' I do this : exec < inputs read a b c d Now I know that there will not be any value in d. How can I check it. I need the exact condition for checking whether the variable has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the format of inputs in a file

Hi, I have a script that takes the contents of another file as inputs. Its assumed that there are 3 values in the input file that are seperated by '|'. I have to check in my script, whether the filed seperator used in the input file is '|' or not. If its not a '|' I have to print a error... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read n number of inputs

Hello, I think its a sinple query but somehow i m stucked up here... I am trying to enter n number of inputs from the user and write them in an input file ie row wise... I tried standard commands like $echo "enter the inputs for the file" $read var1 var2 var3 var4 test1 test2... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

read several inputs and if none input set to 9999

need a script that goes something like this #!/usr/bin/bash echo "input up to TEN values, separated by spaces" read vari1 vari2 vari3 vari4 vari5 vari6 vari7 vari8 vari9 vari10 #set null variables to 9999 (somehow?) #now echo all variables echo $vari1 $vari2 $vari3 $vari4 $vari5 $vari6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

7. Programming

Using ioctl to read mice inputs

I was wondering if its possible to read mouse inputs using ioctl functions somehow ? If it is not too much of trouble can anyone write or even direct me to sample code of ioctl reading someother HID. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take 10 user inputs and output to file?

I want a script that will prompt a user to enter 10 numbers and out put them into a file. This what I have so far, but isn't working. I'm guessing it's something easy I'm not seeing. Thanks for any help. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Enter 10 numbers" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do read .... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxlVanDamme
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing user inputs into a file

Hi, Am trying to store the user inputs into a file, but the below code will store only the first line of the values. I need to store all the user input values which may contain one or more lines. Thanks in advance. echo "please enter file names"; read name; echo $name>/tmp/test (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variable inputs

I am trying to make an interactive script. Only problem my inputs are not read and correctly channeled. Please help: Here is my code #!/bin/sh PATHSCRIPT=/home/pp/tmp #if ; then # echo "Syntax : $0 input off lat sample" # exit 1 # fi echo "Choice of Graph" echo "1 -- Type... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newkid.7955
5 Replies
FANN_CREATE_TRAIN_FROM_CALLBACK(3)					 1					FANN_CREATE_TRAIN_FROM_CALLBACK(3)

fann_create_train_from_callback - Creates the training data struct from a user supplied function

SYNOPSIS
resource fann_create_train_from_callback (int $num_data, int $num_input, int $num_output, collable $user_function) DESCRIPTION
Creates the training data struct from a user supplied function. As the training data are numerable (data 1, data 2...), the user must write a function that receives the number of the training data set (input, output) and returns the set. PARAMETERS
o $num_data - The number of training data o $num_input - The number of inputs per training data o $num_output - The number of ouputs per training data o $user_function - The user supplied function with following parameters: o num - The number of the training data set o num_input - The number of inputs per training data o num - The number of ouputs per training dataThe number of inputs per training data The function should return an associative array with keys input and output and two array values of input and output. RETURN VALUES
Returns a train data resource on success, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fann_create_train_from_callback example <?php function create_train_callback($num_data, $num_input, $num_output) { return array( "input" => array_fill(0, $num_input, 1), "output" => array_fill(0, $num_output, 1), ); } $num_data = 3; $num_input = 2; $num_output = 1; $train_data = fann_create_train_from_callback($num_data, $num_input, $num_output, "create_train_callback"); if ($train_data) { // Do something with $train_data } ?> SEE ALSO
fann_read_train_from_file(3), fann_train_on_data(3), fann_destroy_train(3), fann_save_train(3). PHP Documentation Group FANN_CREATE_TRAIN_FROM_CALLBACK(3)