Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IPMP questions
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP questions Post 302267435 by samar on Friday 12th of December 2008 10:12:17 AM
Old 12-12-2008
Smilie)) that example u've given above is not active - standby .. this is active active ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ipmp

Hi All, Kindly help me in configuring IPMP or guid me to some link, tried goggling however no luck. Thanks in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP config

Hi All, I have unplumbed one interface. after that ifconfig -a shows that lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

3. Solaris

setting up IPMP

Guide me in setting up IPMP on solaris 10 box . my system has 2 physical interface bge0 - not used bge1 - 10.10.10.10 bge1:1 - 10.10.10.11 please guide , how can i implement IPMP on this server , how many additional test ip is required ? , as 2 ip's are configured on bge1 interface ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
3 Replies

4. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Hi all, Currently i got a server which had two interface. I had study the <SystemAdministration Guide: IP> but still donno what is the correct step to configure it. Can u all help me on it? thanks # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

5. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Dear All, I have configured IPMP in one of my SUN machine which is having solros 9 version. I have updated all files like /etc/hosts,/etc/hostname.ce0 and /etc/hostname.ce1 and rebooted the server. But IP's are not mounted which i have given in /etc/hosts file. Please find the below ifconfig... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

6. Solaris

ipmp testing

Please tell me how to configure IPMP in vmware what is the basic working concept of IPMP. please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

7. Solaris

IPMP problem

Hi all i had two interface ce0 and ce5 but when i run the ifconfig, it show me alot of extra virtual interface, may i know how to remove it? # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 ce0:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris IPMP

Can any one please explain me the concept behind IPMP in solaris clustering.Basic explanation would be really appreciated... Thanks in Advance vks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
2 Replies

10. Solaris

IPMP over VLAN questions.

Hi Folks, I am currently moving systems to a new environment, with some changes to the network requirements on the systems. One of these changes is moving from just standard IPMP to using IPMP on top of a VLAN, I have used VLAN tagging befor without issue - however not with IPMP. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
SETRBUF(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						     SETRBUF(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_setrbuf - Switches the active receive buffer and saves the previous buffer. SYNOPSIS
C int oldbuf = pvm_setrbuf( int bufid ) Fortran call pvmfsetrbuf( bufid, oldbuf ) PARAMETERS
bufid Integer specifying the message buffer identifier for the new active receive buffer. oldbuf Integer returning the message buffer identifier for the previous active receive buffer. DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_setrbuf switches the active receive buffer to bufid and saves the previous active receive buffer oldbuf. If bufid is set to 0 then the present active receive buffer is saved and no active receive buffer exists. A successful receive automatically creates a new active receive buffer. If a previous receive has not been unpacked and needs to be saved for later, then the previous bufid can be saved and reset later to the active buffer for unpacking. The routine is required when managing multiple message buffers. For example switching back and forth between two buffers. One buffer could be used to send information to a graphical interface while a second buffer could be used send data to other tasks in the application. EXAMPLES
C: rbuf1 = pvm_setrbuf( rbuf2 ); Fortran: CALL PVMFSETRBUF( NEWBUF, OLDBUF ) ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_setrbuf PvmBadParam giving an invalid bufid. PvmNoSuchBuf switching to a non-existent message buffer. SEE ALSO
pvm_setsbuf(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 SETRBUF(3PVM)