Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extract based on pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract based on pattern Post 302267319 by ThiruOnNet on Friday 12th of December 2008 06:12:06 AM
Old 12-12-2008
If you want to extract all lines which contain @xyz.com then

cat <input file> | grep @xyz.com

Cheers,
Thiru

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern extract

Hi I have a pattern like : SYSTEM_NAME-232-S7-200810060949.LOG Here I need to extract system name and the timestamp and also the numeric number after "-S" i.e 7 here . I am not very sure of whether I should use sed / awk for this ?:confused: Thanks, Priya. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find next line based on pattern, if it is similar pattern skip it

Hi, I am able to get next line if it is matching a particular pattern. But i need a way to skip if next line also matches same pattern.. For example: No Records No Records Records found got it Records found Now i want to find 'Records found' after 'No Records' pattern matches.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagpa531
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting textfile based on pattern and name new file after pattern

Hi there, I am pretty new to those things, so I couldn't figure out how to solve this, and if it is actually that easy. just found that awk could help:(. so i have a textfile with strings and numbers (originally copy pasted from word, therefore some empty cells) in the following structure: SC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: luja
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from files based on file pattern

I want to extract dates from the files and i have different types of files with pattern. I have list file with the patterns and want to date extract based on it in a sh script Files in the directory : file1_20160101.txt file2_20160101_abc.txt filexyz20160101.txt list file with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract file name based on the pattern

Hello All, I have multiple files in a hadoop /tmp/cloudera directory. Filename are as follows ABC_DATA_BAD5A_RO_F_20161104.CSV ABC_DATA_BAD6C_VR_F_20161202.CSV ABC_DATA_BAD7A_TR_F_20162104.CSV ABC_DATA_BAD2A_BR_F_20161803.CSV ABC_DATA_BAD3T_KT_F_20160106.CSV I just need filenames... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract some characters from lines based on pattern

Hi All, i would like to get some help regarding extracting certain characters from a line grepped. blahblah{1:F01IRVTUS30XXXX0000000001}{2:I103IRVTDEF0XXXXN}{4:blah blahblah{1:F01IRVTUS30XXXX0000000001}{2:I103IRVTDEF0XXXXN}{4:blah... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
kvar(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   kvar(8)

Name
       kvar - modify RISC kernel variables in memory or on disk

Syntax
       /usr/etc/kvar -r(b|w|l) [options] vmunix
       /usr/etc/kvar -w(b|w|l) [options] vmunix

Description
       The  command  allows you to read or write RISC kernel variables, either in the on-disk image of or the active in-memory image.  The -r form
       of the command does variable reads; the -w form does variable writes.  The variable length qualifiers are:  b  (1  byte),  w  (word,  or  2
       bytes), and l (longword, or 4 bytes).

Variable contents are displayed in hexadecimal format.

Options
       -a address  Specifies  the  address  of	the  kernel  variable.	Either the -a or -s option must be specified.  The address is specified as
		   either a positive decimal or hexadecimal constant.

-k	   Instructs to use the in-memory image of The default is to use the on-disk copy.

-l	   Searches for a local symbol. The default is a global symbol search.

-o offset   Adds an offset to the address (or address of the symbol name).  The offset value is specified as either a positive  decimal	or
		   hexadecimal constant.

-s name	   Specifies the name of the kernel variable.

-v value    Specifies  the  new value to be assigned by the -w form of The -v option is ignored if the -r form of is being used.  The value
		   is specified as either a positive decimal or hexadecimal constant.

Restrictions
       You must have appropriate file access permissions for (and for with the -k option).

The command is available only on RISC systems.  For VAX systems, use to modify kernel variables.

Examples
       This example reads the variable `udpcksum' from the running kernel image:

% kvar -k -rl -s udpcksum /vmunix

This example sets the `xyz' variable to zero in the running kernel image:

% kvar -k -wl -s xyz -v 0 /vmunix

This example sets the variable `xyz' to -1 in the on-disk image of making this value persistent across reboots:

% kvar -wl -s xyz -v 0xffffffff /vmunix

This example sets to zero 1 byte at offset 2 from address 0x80161a98 in the running kernel image:

% kvar -k -wb -o 2 -a 0x80161a98 /vmunix

Files
See Also
       adb(1), dbx(1)

RISC								   kvar(8)