Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Complex Event Processing RSS News Healthcare processes: need BPM+CEP Post 302267298 by Linux Bot on Friday 12th of December 2008 05:40:02 AM
Old 12-12-2008
Healthcare processes: need BPM+CEP

vincent
12-11-2008 06:26 PM
Eli Perlman of Cognizant gave a great presentation at the BPM Consortium (OMG) this week on how BPM cannot by itself solve all the health industry’s problems - it also needs to handle events and complex events to intelligently drive these processes.

To give an indication of some of the regulatory compliance problems in the industry, Eli showed what happened when he ordered some (regulated) pills from an offshore (supposedly Canadian) pharmacy: he received unmarked packets of pills from India and Greece which bore little relation to what he had ordered. Also, US Customs had ignored the lack of customs documentation and the “Drugs” stamp on the packets. One wonders if the Columbian cartels use the USPS too?

Coincidentally (to BPM+CEP, not the importing of drugs!), TIBCO made a “BPM+” announcement earlier in the week which referenced the increasing trend of combining BPM with event processing.

Source...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

UNIX SCO based Healthcare system

Hi Guys I have got a problem and I would really be grateful if some1 could sort out the problem. I have got a healthcare system named MEDISCAN, its SCO Unix based system, I need to convert the data files into ORACLE data. The problem is that I have been unable to open the files, whatever... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Faysal_Mazhar
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Healthcare.gov, ugh!!

I had to vent somewhere where people would understand. The site is still driving me mad. I'm at McMurdo Station, Antarctica, and the satellite bandwidth is generally fairly adequate. I actually completed the application Nov 4th in just under 3 hours I believe. But I removed it thinking it was... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
7 Replies
BPM(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    BPM(1)

NAME
bpm -- menu-based binary package manager SYNOPSIS
bpm [-hnVv] [-b baseURL] [-m machine] [-r release] [-w seconds] DESCRIPTION
The bpm command is used to locate and install binary packages from any reachable URL. The following command-line options are supported: -b baseURL Specify a base URL from which to download binary packages. The default URL is ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages. -h Print a help message and then exit. -m machine Use machine as the machine architecture to be used, instead of that returned by uname(1). -n Don't actually execute the commands to add the package. -r release Use release as the operating system release to be used, instead of that returned by uname(1). -V Print version number and exit. -v Turn on verbose output. -w seconds The number of seconds to wait after displaying an error message and returning to normal menu operations. bpm provides a menu-based binary package manager for NetBSD. bpm first connects to the URL using ftp(1), and displays a list of categories for which binary packages exist. If no categories are displayed, it could be that the machine architecture or operating system release string have been wrongly interpreted, and that it will be necessary to override this values by means of the command line options. Within a category, a list of packages will be displayed, and by selecting one using the number assigned to it, the package will be downloaded automat- ically, and installed, using the pkg_add(1) utility. It is also possible to change the category currently being examined, and to quit from the utility, simply by selecting the appropriate choices on the menu. ENVIRONMENT
The environment variables which govern the behavior of ftp(1) and pkg_add(1) are valid for bpm. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pkg_add(1), uname(1) AUTHORS
The bpm utility was written by Alistair Crooks <agc@NetBSD.org>. BSD
August 3, 2007 BSD