Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apt-get error
Operating Systems Linux Debian apt-get error Post 302267264 by zaxxon on Friday 12th of December 2008 03:47:02 AM
Old 12-12-2008
Maybe use the dpkg command to reinstall or reconfigure your apt-tools to make sure they get all dependencies.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

apt-get craziness.....

I had mysql client installed, then I upgraded my version of perl using apt-get install. Now, I want to get mysql-client working again and when I try to install it, I get: /usr/bin# apt-get install mysql-client Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies: mysql-client: Depends:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apt-get install

When I use apt-get install command, for example samba install, does that command then invokes search of entire disk to find samba packet or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apt-get install error

Hello when i am giving a command apt-get install I am getting error as below: " apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.3.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory " can u suggest what to do. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

apt-get install giving error

Hello when i am giving a command apt-get install I am getting error as below: " apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.3.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory " can u suggest what to do. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
1 Replies

5. Linux

GPG error on Debian 4 using apt-get

Hello, I wish to update a debian 4.0 server we have but cannot get past the following error message. my keys are as follows: Any help would be good. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apt vs aptitude little tutorial

Hi all I dont know if this is right place but I saw somewhere dd tutorial so I decidet to write a little tutorial about debian package manager. I hope this will clear some misundersands about it, maybe somewher i will be wrong or somebody could explain it better so any comments are welcomed. Many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error message of sudo apt-get

Hi, I am using ubuntu 12.04 and every time I installed new program or do: sudo apt-get install -f I get the following mesage: Download done. sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. Linux

Apt-get update wont run and gives 503 service unavailable error

Hi, I am running on Ubuntu 12 (precise) 64 bit and came to know that i cannot install any packages using apt-get and aptitude. Linux test01 3.5.0-23-generic #35~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 25 17:13:26 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux But the same /etc/apt/sources.list file is... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
20 Replies

9. Red Hat

Yum and apt-get

I know both yum and apt-get could update the package , could advise which one is better in Redhat server ? thanks Login ID ust3 is currently in read-only mode for multiple infractions. Creating new identities to avoid restrictions is not allowed. This thread is closed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust03
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Apt-get

Want to install APACHE but it's saying command is not found using centos (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
4 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)