Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert .mp4 to .avi
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Convert .mp4 to .avi Post 302267202 by Annihilannic on Thursday 11th of December 2008 09:03:46 PM
Old 12-11-2008
Not sure exactly whether it supports those specific formats, but try VirtualDub.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help wanted kernel avi

Hello there! Slightly off topic maybe, but maybe someone can help us. For a videoshow which will be called reality 6.1 we need a video file from a unix kernel that is compiling. Does anyone know how to capture this, or does anyone have such a vid? cheers, iuno (www.iuno.nl) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iuno
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Playing AVI in solaris 8

how to play avi file in solaris8 ??... it is not opening in realplayer 7 ..... i also dont have the root login ...plz help !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
2 Replies

3. Linux

convert avi to cellphone friendly 320x176 mp4 file...ffmpeg to the rescue :)

found a few ffmpeg posts and after a few unsuccessful attempts, I have found a solution :) to encode an avi to to an nokia e71 recognized mp4 format: ffmpeg -y -i inputFILE.avi -acodec aac -ab 72k -s 320x176 -aspect 16:9 -vcodec h264 -b 300k -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 16 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -flags +loop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

4. Linux

download with youtube-dl the HQ MP4 (not FLV)

Hi Howto download with youtube-dl the HQ MP4? Per default it always downloads FLV and in manual there is no option described for MP4. $ aptitude show youtube-dl Package: youtube-dl New: yes State: installed Automatically installed: no Version: 2010.04.04-1 Priority: extra Section:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

convert DVD to mp4 for my nook

How can I transfer my Television DVD collection to a hard drive converting all files to mp4 (for my nook tablet). (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madison768
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help in converting VOB file to AVI

Hello to all in forum, Somebody could help me saying me which command or application can I use to convert correctly a VOB file of more than 5 GB in size. I have the VIDEO_TS folder with the files: - VTS_01 - Stream Information.txt - VTS_01_0.IFO - VTS_01_1.VOB The Stream Information... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
XvQueryAdaptors(3)						  libXv Functions						XvQueryAdaptors(3)

NAME
XvQueryAdaptors - return adaptor information for a screen SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvQueryAdaptors(Display *dpy, Window window, unsigned int *p_num_adaptors, XvAdaptorInfo **pp_adaptor_info); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. window Specifies a window of the screen for which the adaptor information is desired. p_num_adaptors A pointer to where the number of adaptors for the specified screen is returned. pp_adaptor_info A pointer to where the list of returned adaptor information is returned. DESCRIPTION
XvQueryAdaptors(3) returns an video adaptor information for the screen of the specified drawable. The XvAdaptorInfo structure has the following organiza- tion: typedef struct { XvPortID base_id; unsigned long num_ports; char type; char *name; unsigned long num_formats; XvFormat *formats; unsigned long num_adaptors; } XvAdaptorInfo; base_id The resource ID of the first adaptor port. num_ports The number of ports supported by the adaptor. type A bit mask with the value XvInputMask asserted if the adaptor supports video input, and value XvOutputMask asserted if the adaptor supports video output. In Xv protocol 2.2 and later, there are 3 new bits defined - XvVideoMask, XvStillMask and XvImageMask indi- cating that the adaptor is capable of video, still or image primitives respectively. name A vendor specific name that identifies the adaptor. num_formats The number of depth/visual id formats supported by the adaptor. formats A pointer to an array of XvFormat structures. The XvFormat structure has the following organization: typedef struct { char depth; unsigned long visual_id; } XvFormat; depth A drawable depth supported by the adaptor. visual_id A visual-id supported for the given depth by the adaptor. RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvQueryAdaptors(3) completed successfully. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable. [XvBadAlloc] Returned if XvQueryAdaptors(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request. DIAGNOSTICS
[Drawable] Returned if the requested drawable does not exist. SEE ALSO
XvFreeAdaptorInfo(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.9 XvQueryAdaptors(3)