Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying text file in browser - perl Post 302267181 by Dabheeruz on Thursday 11th of December 2008 07:28:26 PM
Old 12-11-2008
Figured out my answer... finally

so in the console it was working fine but not in web browser..hmm
It was permission issue Smilie

The permission issue was on the log file ...dohh Smilie I should've checked the perms on the file too ..my bad.

Thx group.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text-based internet browser?

Dear all, I can only use text-based terminal, x-window is not support my session. Do anyone know have any text-based Internet browser in Sparc sun? Regards Wilson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to open the specified url in a browser from a text file

Hi All, here i am struc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsp
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

I am having issue dispalying text file in browser using perl. Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl print "content-type: text/html \n\n"; open (FH , "access.log") || die "Blah $!"; while (<FH>) { print $_ ; } I have correct permissions and everything. The weired thing is when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying Text

Hi guys! I am very much new to UNIX...and I was just wondering on how you would display this text format in UNIX with only just one command : Text 1 Text 2 Text 3 Texts are in aligned vertically in such format...Thanks for your help :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Knowledge_Xfer
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I append a text at end of file after displaying the file

I have a file "sample.txt" with the content as below: Hi This is a Sample Text. I need a single command using cat which serve the following purpose. 1.display the contents of sample.txt 2.append some text to it 3. and then exit But, all should be served by a sinle command.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.ashok
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Result to a Text File

Hi; I am scripting in Shell and i want to write output (on screen) to a text file? ... | tee gcsw/output.txt doesnot work? :(:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
6 Replies

7. Web Development

Too long in displaying the data in a Web Browser

this is my another one question as well as my sample program. Because of the big data the gets from the database.,it takes time to display the output in a web browser.,is there any way to display the output as faster as it can..?my time is wasting because of too long to display.:confused: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeneca
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a number in binary using perl

printf FH2" 3'b%b : begin\n",$i; where i is an integer in the loop is displaying 3'b1 : begin expected output was 3'b001 : begin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying certain text in a msg.

I have a requirement to display a part of an html response that my application gets. The response looks like this: <html><a href='com.aprisma.spectrum.app.sd.client.SDHyperlinkHandler' sdTicketHandle='cr:419900' ocAlarmId='506618ea-f013-102d-02a7-0050569d7aa8'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundwall
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with text modification and displaying

I have a file storing some text and another file storing some numbers I want to display characters other than the specified place of strings one.txt xyz abc 233 skfo 4r443 sfs abc abcd sd fsdf sdfd abc 11 abc 33 abc dsaf two.txt Nt_djd_k='5-6,7-9' Nt_hh_l='3-6,7-8' a=`grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulsk
4 Replies
hman(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   hman(1)

NAME
hman - browse the on-line manual pages SYNOPSIS
hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] name hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] [ index ] DESCRIPTION
The hman script is an interface to man2html(1) that allows you to enter man page requests at the command line and view the output in your favourite browser. The behaviour reminds of that of man(1) so that many people will be able to alias hman to man. If the browser used is netscape, and an incarnation of netscape is running already, hman will pass the request to the existing browser. OPTIONS
-P browser Specify which browser (like lynx, xmosaic, arena, chimera, netscape, amaya, ...) to use. This option overrides the MANHTMLPAGER environment variable. The default is the non-httpd version of lynx, or sensible-browser if lynx cannot be found. -H host Specify from what host to get the man pages. This option overrides the MANHTMLHOST environment variable. The default is localhost. ENVIRONMENT
MANHTMLPAGER The default browser to use is selected using this environment variable. MANHTMLHOST The default host to use is selected using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
man(1), man2html(1), arena(1), lynx(1), sensible-browser(1), netscape(1), xmosaic(1), glimpse(1) http://www.mcom.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html 19 January 1998 hman(1)