Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH: Grepping/sedding/etc out part of a file... (from one word to 'blank' line) Post 302267023 by elinenbe on Thursday 11th of December 2008 01:39:22 PM
Old 12-11-2008
more of the input would look something like:
Code:
Time
 12:34 PM

Alerts
 Password Incorrect
 Login Error
 Another Error
 Another Error 2

Other Info
 Memory Status 12
 CPU Status 12.44

Bandwidth
 SATA 57%
 ATA 12%

Processes
 Process  Memory CPU
 AAA      12.4GB 34%
 BBB      8.4GB  17%

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning only part of a line when grepping

I want to grep out a part of a snort rule based on the SID given, but all i want as the output is the part in the quotes after the msg: An example line looks something like this: alert tcp any any -> 127.0.0.1 any (msg:"Example Message"; classtype:Example; sid:123456;) I would want it to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: riott
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash]Attempting to Merge text from one file into another file at the line directly under a word

Hello, This is my first post on the forums. So I want to start by thanking anyone who is kind enough to read this post and offer advise. I hope to be an active contributor now that I've found these forums. I have an issue that I figure would be a good first post.. I have 2 text files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efciem
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting part of a line excluding particular word from it

here is the line on which i want to process `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, it sometimes doesnt have comma at the end too `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT i want to extract all except "AUTO_INCREMENT" not only this line i ,want the code to work on any line if it has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash keep a word from a line

hi guys in my bash script I have a file which has lines that look the following way: dog cat "bird" red/ (blue/pink) OR dog cat "bird" red/ (blue/pink) no matter what are the words of the line or how many they are I only want to keep from each line--that can look like either the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vlm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping a word from a .xml file

Hi I have a xml file vi lpower.xml <head = power_health> Now, I need to grep "power_health" alone from that file using shell.. Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping a word from a .xml file dynamically

Hi I have the xml file as <Head="Test" Id="3" > <Title="mode" > I have used the code to grep the words "Test" and "mode" as Head=`cat file.xml | grep "Head" | awk -F "=" '{print $2}' | awk -F " " '{print $1}'` Tilte=`cat file.xml | grep "Title" | awk -F "=" '{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a File line by line and split into array word by word

Hi All, Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend I have a scenario where in which I have to read a file line by line and check for few words before redirecting to a file I have searched the forum but,either those answers dint work (perhaps because of my wrong under standing of how IFS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - sed - Remove first word from line which can begin eventually with blank

hello. How to remove first word from line. The line may or may not start with blank. NEW_PARAM1=$(magic-command " -t --protocol=TCP -P 12345-u root -h localhost ") NEW_PARAM2=$(magic-command "-t --protocol=TCP -P 12345 -u root -h localhost ") I want NEW_PARAM1 equal to NEW_PARAM2 equal ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a file, replace blank line by the last line not blank above

Dear All, In a CSV file, say that a given column has been extracted. In that column, information is missing (i.e. blank lines appear). I would like to replace the blank lines by the last valid line (not blank) previously read. For example, consider the extract below: 123 234 543 111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagvian
7 Replies
Proxy Constants(3)					       globus gsi proxy core						Proxy Constants(3)

NAME
Proxy Constants - Enumerations enum globus_gsi_proxy_error_t { GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_SUCCESS = 0, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_HANDLE = 1, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_HANDLE_ATTRS = 2, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_PROXYCERTINFO = 3, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_PROXYPOLICY = 4, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_PATHLENGTH = 5, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_X509_REQ = 6, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_X509 = 7, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_X509_EXTENSIONS = 8, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_PRIVATE_KEY = 9, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_BIO = 10, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_CREDENTIAL = 11, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_CRED_HANDLE = 12, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_CRED_HANDLE_ATTRS = 13, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_ERRNO = 14, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_SETTING_HANDLE_TYPE = 15, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_INVALID_PARAMETER = 16, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_SIGNING = 17, GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_LAST = 18 } Enumeration Type Documentation enum globus_gsi_proxy_error_t Proxy Error codes. Enumerator: GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_SUCCESS Success - never used. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_HANDLE Invalid proxy handle state. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_HANDLE_ATTRS Invalid proxy handle attributes state. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_PROXYCERTINFO Error with ASN.1 proxycertinfo structure. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_PROXYPOLICY Error with ASN.1 proxypolicy structure. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_PATHLENGTH Error with proxy path length. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_X509_REQ Error with the X.509 request structure. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_X509 Error with X.509 structure. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_X509_EXTENSIONS Error with X.509 extensions. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_PRIVATE_KEY Error with private key. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_BIO Error with OpenSSL's BIO handle. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_CREDENTIAL Error with credential. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_CRED_HANDLE Error with credential handle. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_WITH_CRED_HANDLE_ATTRS Error with credential handle attributes. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_ERRNO System error. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_SETTING_HANDLE_TYPE Unable to set proxy type. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_INVALID_PARAMETER Invalid function parameter. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_SIGNING A error occured while signing the proxy certificate. GLOBUS_GSI_PROXY_ERROR_LAST Last marker - never used. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for globus gsi proxy core from the source code. Version 6.2 Mon Apr 30 2012 Proxy Constants(3)