Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to start looping from the second line in .csv file Post 302267005 by codeman007 on Thursday 11th of December 2008 01:01:13 PM
Old 12-11-2008
This awk command works perfect for me. But if i add this as a condition to my while loop its not working as expected

I need a condition which will restrict the header line from geting displayed
while loopingSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through each line of text file

Dear all, I have a text file like below. eg.txt abcd efgh ijkl mnop I need a script, which should read the text file eg.txt and assign each line as a parameter. This , i wil use further to pass it a java command to invoke. All inside a for loop Need your help on this. With... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file line by line

Folks , i want to read a csv file line by line till the end of file and filter the text in the line and append everything into a variable. csv file format is :- trousers:shirts,price,50 jeans:tshirts,rate,60 pants:blazer,costprice,40 etc i want to read the first line and get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start reading from the nth line till the last line of a file.

Hi, For my reuirement, I have to read a file from the 2nd line till the last line<EOF>. Say, I have a file as test.txt, which as a header record in the first line followed by records in rest of the lines. for i in `cat test.txt` { echo $i } While doing the above loop, I have read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put a # in start of a specific line of a file

Hello Guys Please let me know how to solve the below issue I have a file like below drop table R1416.ABC1 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC2 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC3 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC4 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders My files are located in UNIX Server, i want to extract file_id and file_name from each file .and save it in a CSV file. How do I do that? I have folders in unix environment, directory structure is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line by line from live log file using while loop and considering only those lines start from

Hi, I want to read a live log file line by line and considering those line which start from time stamp; Below code I am using, which read line but throws an exception when comparing line that does not contain error code tail -F /logs/COMMON-ERROR.log | while read myline; do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Honey, I broke awk! (duplicate line removal in 30M line 3.7GB csv file)

I have a script that builds a database ~30 million lines, ~3.7 GB .cvs file. After multiple optimzations It takes about 62 min to bring in and parse all the files and used to take 10 min to remove duplicates until I was requested to add another column. I am using the highly optimized awk code: awk... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
34 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file?

Hi, I have a log file (log.txt) that which contains lines of date/time. I need to create a script to extract a CSV file (out.csv) that gets all the sequential times (with only 1 minute difference) together by stating the start time and end time of this period. Sample log file (log.txt) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Zizo
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)