Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected Post 302266966 by schandrakar1 on Thursday 11th of December 2008 11:00:45 AM
Old 12-11-2008
Hi Zaxxon,

Thank you very much for your wonderful replies !!

I am just trying them out.

Actually I did not paste the description (it actually has total 61 lines)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

syntax error at line 59: `end of file' unexpected

Hello... I'm trying to run the sshd script, but I keep geting the Syntax errot message . Here's the last few lines on the script. set nu in vi shows 58 lines, but I keep getting error referring to line 59. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Remi else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkmkfiles.imake: line 51: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, i am installing glut-3.5 using that ./mkmkfiles.imake its showing an error msg as root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop/openGL/glut-3.5# ./mkmkfiles.imake ./mkmkfiles.imake: line 51: syntax error: unexpected end of file root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop/openGL/glut-3.5# actually there are 49 lines in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected

Hi, I'm having a syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected. However, i didn't make any changes on line 752. I just inserted a new code in an existing program. Can anyone please check if there is something wrong with my code: if then lline=`tail -5 $badfile` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chryz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

./TRUNCATE-PS_TXN.sh: line 54: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi All , My below script is for chacking vaule and then trucating table : ___________ test4@aceuatcs04:/u01/test4/SOLID/Testscript>cat TRUNCATE-PS_TXN.sh #-------------------------------------------------------------------- # Created by:Kaushlesh Yadav # Generated on: 15/07/2010 # Job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushelsh168
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help line 35: syntax error: unexpected end of file only 34 lines of code

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I did some research and only confused myself further. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to make this work for work tomorrow. There are only 34 lines of code in this script, yet its complaining about line 35 Here is the code: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF Usage - line 56: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Below is a test script I'm writing in the process of learning to write script. When I try to run it I get an unexpected end of file error on line 56. Thoughts? SCRIPT: #!/bin/bash # system_page - A script to produce a system information HTML file ##### Constants TITLE="My System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpercy725
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, We have installed linux6(RHEL) OS and installed datastage application on that. First time installation worked fine and our all services related to datastage was up and running. When we stopped the datastage and restarted its giving below error while restart:- ./uv -admin -start DataStage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Del: line 13: syntax error: unexpected end of file

1 echo -e "Enter a filename" 2 read filename 3 if 4 then 5 echo -e "do you want to delete?" 6 read answer 7 if 8 then rm myfirst 9 else 10 echo -e "file not deleted" 11 fi 12 exit0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Speedy
1 Replies
paste(1)						      General Commands Manual							  paste(1)

Name
       paste - merge file data

Syntax
       paste file1 file2...
       paste -dlist file1 file2...
       paste -s [-dlist] file1 file2...

Description
       In  the	first  two forms, concatenates corresponding lines of the given input files file1, file2, etc.	It treats each file as a column or
       columns of a table and pastes them together horizontally (parallel merging).

In the last form, the command combines subsequent lines of the input file (serial merging).

In all cases, lines are glued together with the tab character, or with characters from an optionally specified  list.   Output  is  to  the
       standard output, so it can be used as the start of a pipe, or as a filter, if - is used in place of a file name.

Options
       -       Used in place of any file name, to read a line from the standard input.	(There is no prompting).

-dlist  Replaces  characters  of  all but last file with nontabs characters (default tab).  One or more characters immediately following -d
	       replace the default tab as the line concatenation character.  The list is used circularly, i. e. when exhausted, it is reused.	In
	       parallel  merging  (i. e. no -s option), the lines from the last file are always terminated with a new-line character, not from the
	       list.  The list may contain the special escape sequences: 
 (new-line), 	 (tab), \ (backslash), and  (empty string, not a null
	       character).   Quoting  may  be  necessary,  if characters have special meaning to the shell (for example, to get one backslash, use
	       -d"\\" ).
	       Without this option, the new-line characters of each but the last file (or last line in case of the -s option) are  replaced  by  a
	       tab character.  This option allows replacing the tab character by one or more alternate characters (see below).

-s      Merges  subsequent  lines  rather  than	one  from  each input file.  Use tab for concatenation, unless a list is specified with -d
	       option.	Regardless of the list, the very last character of the file is forced to be a new-line.

Examples
       ls | paste -d" " -
       list directory in one column
       ls | paste - - - -
       list directory in four columns
       paste -s -d"	
" file
       combine pairs of lines into lines

Diagnostics
       line too long
		 Output lines are restricted to 511 characters.

too many files
		 Except for -s option, no more than 12 input files may be specified.

See Also
       cut(1), grep(1), pr(1)

paste(1)