Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find Files in a Directory Excluding Subdirectories Post 302266848 by siba.s.nayak on Thursday 11th of December 2008 06:54:34 AM
Old 12-11-2008
I think this the best answer for you.

find . -maxdepth 1 -name "Location.txt"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all files created by a specified user in a directory and its subdirectories

Is there a command or shell script which can be used for Finding all files created by a specified userid in a directory and its subdirectories. Say, I want to find all such files in directory /abc as well as in all the subdirectories such as /abc/xyz or /abc/xyz/pqr aqnd so on which was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell:Find a word in files in a directory and subdirectories

I'm looking to write a ksh code with will be alble to find a word like 'toto' in all files going from my current directory. eg. /doc ----------->have: text.c which "toto" /doc/usr-------->have: build.pc, help.java which "toto" /doc/usr/cach -->have: test.sh which "toto" /doc/build... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to parse a directory and its subdirectories and find owner name of files

hi all, i need to capture all the files in a directory and its subdirectories that have owner name different than the root owner. for one file it is " stat -c %U filename " but i need to search for each and every file and record it. thanks in advance (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyasa
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in excluding a particular directory using Find commad

Hi, I have a directory structure as below /home/gad/Merl/a/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/b/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/c/a1.txt How can I find the file a1.txt but not from directory 'a' and it(the filw) should loaded 6 days ago.. Can any one pls help,quick reply much appriciated.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files for a user, excluding a directory

I have been searching, and cannot find an answer for this. I am trying to find all files for a user, lets call him (test001), and I want to exclude a specific directory. Here is the command I run, it finds all files: find / -user test001 I get this result: > find / -user test001 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2x4
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files only in current directory...not subdirectories

Hi, I have to find files only in the current directory...not in the sub directories. But when I use Find command ... it searches all the files in the current directory as well as in the subdirectories. I am using AIX-UNIX machine.Please help..I tried to use maxdepth..but it is not working in AIX. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search files in a directory excluding subdirectories

Hi Forum, I am using the below command to find files older than x days in a directory excluding subdirectories. From the previous forums I got to know that prune command helps us not to descend in subdirectories. Though I am using it here, not getting the desired result. cd $dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files in the current directory excluding hidden files and directories

Find all files in the current directory only excluding hidden directories and files. For the below command, though it's not deleting hidden files.. it is traversing through the hidden directories and listing normal which should be avoided. `find . \( ! -name ".*" -prune \) -mtime +${n_days}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/searching files in subdirectories excluding the fiels in Parent Directory

Hi All, requirement is to find and remove the files from sub directories but it should exclude the files from parent directory. At present i am using the below one but it finds and remove files from both parent and sub directories. find ${PATH} -type f \( -name securitas\* -o -name \*gz... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveenkk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies
lb_unregister(3ncs)													       lb_unregister(3ncs)

Name
       lb_unregister - remove an entry from the Location Broker database

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/lb.h>

void lb_$unregister(entry, status)
       lb_$entry_t *entry;
       status_$t *status;

Arguments
       entry  The entry being removed from the Location Broker database.

status The completion status.  If the completion status returned in is equal to status_$ok , then the routine that supplied it was success-
	      ful.

Description
       The routine removes from the Location Broker database the entry that matches entry.  The  value	of  entry  should  be  identical  to  that
       returned  by  the routine when the database entry was created.  However, does not compare all of the fields in entry, the annotation field,
       and the port number in the saddr field.

This routine removes the entry from the LLB database on the local host (the host that issues the routine).  If the flags field of entry	is
       equal  to  0,  it  removes  the entry from the GLB database.  If the flags field is equal to lb_$server_flag_local, it deletes only the LLB
       entry.

Examples
       The following statement unregisters the entry specified by which was obtained from a previous routine:
       lb_$unregister (&BankEntry, &status);

Diagnostics
       This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

lb_$database_invalid
			   The format of the Location Broker database is out of date.  The database may have been created by an old version of the
			   Location  Broker;  in this case, delete the out-of-date database and reregister any entries that it contained.  The LLB
			   or GLB that was accessed may be running out-of-date software; in this case, update all Location Brokers to the  current
			   software version.

lb_$database_busy   The Location Broker database is currently in use in an incompatible manner.

lb_$not_registered  The	Location  Broker  does	not  have  any	entries  that match the criteria specified in the unregister routine.  The
			   requested object, type, interface, or combination thereof is not registered in the specified database.

lb_$update_failed   The Location Broker was unable to register or unregister the entry.

lb_$cant_access	   The Location Broker cannot access the database.  Among the possible reasons:

1. The database does not exist.

2. The database exists, but the Location Broker cannot access it.

lb_$server_unavailable
			   The Location Broker Client Agent cannot reach the requested GLB or LLB.  A communications failure occurred or the  bro-
			   ker was not running.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), lb_register(3ncs)

lb_unregister(3ncs)