Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp) Post 302266845 by zaxxon on Thursday 11th of December 2008 06:50:26 AM
Old 12-11-2008
What did you try so far?

Two possible ways:
Code:
echo '/etc/exp/home/bin' | awk -F/ '{print $3}'
exp

Code:
echo 'aex1234'| sed 's/.\(..\).*/\1/'
ex

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp question

Hi, Should be a difference between ']]*' and ']+' ? I use them in bash with sed and grep. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp for sed

$ cat file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>def <RR>sha This works for me: $ sed -r 's/^ .*<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>my <RR>sha But, this does not work for me: $ sed -r 's/^\s+<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demoprog
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl reg exp

Hi, I am using the following piece of code for extracting some data from in between some tags ... $text =~ /<TAG1>(.*)<\/TAG1>.*<TAG2>(.*)<\/TAG2>.*<TAG3>(.*)<\/TAG4>.*<TAG5>(.*)<\/TAG5>/; $tag1=$1; print "\n$tag1"; But I am getting an error like Use of uninitialized value in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exp command to extract particular rows

Hi, I'm new to unix so hopefully you can help! I'm using the below command to extract a tables contents and store it in a dmp file: exp OWNER/OWNER@LINK FILE=exp.dat TABLES=TABLE_TEST This works fine and dumps the table into the exp.dat file. What i can't figure out, is how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boijie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular exp in awk

Hi all, One small doubt, reg exp in awk, is it possible to extract the match of regular expression like in perl? eg: B R16288 Map3_NoCat B R16067 Map4_NoCat B R16647 Map3_NoCat B R16450 Map3_NoCat B R16106 Map6_NoCat B R16000 Map3_NoCat B R16395 Map3_NoCat B R16243 Map3_NoCat B R16023... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

set output of linux cmd as a variable in .exp

I am trying to make a script to take commands from a .txt file ( line by line) and pass it using send ( used in another function ) what i am trying to achieve is : set nol "`grep '' ${exp_path2}/cmdlist.txt | wc -l `" as in shell script nol=`grep '' $exp_path2/cmdlist.txt | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixyantar
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Need Help On REG EXP in unix

Respected All, I have a very big xml in that i want to search only below 3 lines. <target name ="UpgradePrimaryBox" depends ="configureBox1"> <echo> Finished Upgrading Primary Box </echo> </target> grep -i "<target.*UpgradePrimaryBox" this gives me the first line. then i need to match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
7 Replies
BESSEL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 BESSEL(3)

NAME
PDL::GSLSF::BESSEL - PDL interface to GSL Special Functions DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to the Special Function package present in the GNU Scientific Library. SYNOPSIS
Functions FUNCTIONS
gsl_sf_bessel_Jn Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) Regular Bessel Function J_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Jn does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_J_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int s; int n=>num) Array of Regular Bessel Functions J_{s}(x) to J_{s+n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_J_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Yn Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) IrRegular Bessel Function Y_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Yn does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Y_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int s; int n=>num) Array of Regular Bessel Functions Y_{s}(x) to Y_{s+n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Y_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_In Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) Regular Modified Bessel Function I_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_In does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_I_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int s; int n=>num) Array of Regular Modified Bessel Functions I_{s}(x) to I_{s+n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_I_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_In_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) Scaled Regular Modified Bessel Function exp(-|x|) I_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_In_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_I_scaled_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int s; int n=>num) Array of Scaled Regular Modified Bessel Functions exp(-|x|) I_{s}(x) to exp(-|x|) I_{s+n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_I_scaled_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Kn Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) IrRegular Modified Bessel Function K_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Kn does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_K_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int s; int n=>num) Array of IrRegular Modified Bessel Functions K_{s}(x) to K_{s+n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_K_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Kn_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) Scaled IrRegular Modified Bessel Function exp(-|x|) K_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Kn_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_K_scaled_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int s; int n=>num) Array of Scaled IrRegular Modified Bessel Functions exp(-|x|) K_{s}(x) to exp(-|x|) K_{s+n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_K_scaled_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_jl Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) Regular Sphericl Bessel Function J_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_jl does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_j_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int n=>num) Array of Spherical Regular Bessel Functions J_{0}(x) to J_{n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_j_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_yl Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) IrRegular Spherical Bessel Function y_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_yl does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_y_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int n=>num) Array of Regular Spherical Bessel Functions y_{0}(x) to y_{n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_y_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_il_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) Scaled Regular Modified Spherical Bessel Function exp(-|x|) i_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_il_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_i_scaled_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int n=>num) Array of Scaled Regular Modified Spherical Bessel Functions exp(-|x|) i_{0}(x) to exp(-|x|) i_{n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_i_scaled_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_kl_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int n) Scaled IrRegular Modified Spherical Bessel Function exp(-|x|) k_n(x). gsl_sf_bessel_kl_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_k_scaled_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int n=>num) Array of Scaled IrRegular Modified Spherical Bessel Functions exp(-|x|) k_{s}(x) to exp(-|x|) k_{s+n-1}(x). gsl_sf_bessel_k_scaled_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Jnu Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double n) Regular Cylindrical Bessel Function J_nu(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Jnu does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Ynu Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double n) IrRegular Cylindrical Bessel Function J_nu(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Ynu does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Inu_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double n) Scaled Modified Cylindrical Bessel Function exp(-|x|) I_nu(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Inu_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Inu Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double n) Modified Cylindrical Bessel Function I_nu(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Inu does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Knu_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double n) Scaled Modified Cylindrical Bessel Function exp(-|x|) K_nu(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Knu_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_Knu Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double n) Modified Cylindrical Bessel Function K_nu(x). gsl_sf_bessel_Knu does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_bessel_lnKnu Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double n) Logarithm of Modified Cylindrical Bessel Function K_nu(x). gsl_sf_bessel_lnKnu does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
This file copyright (C) 1999 Christian Pellegrin <chri@infis.univ.trieste.it> All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. The GSL SF modules were written by G. Jungman. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 BESSEL(3)