Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No SAX2 on SUSE Machine
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers No SAX2 on SUSE Machine Post 302266708 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 09:58:12 PM
Old 12-10-2008
I assume you mean SaX2, not SAX2 (Simple API for XML). SaX2 is available at SaX2 - openSUSE and elsewhere.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.0...I can't get SaX2 to start on Hercules 128 and YaST2 won't set up X either.

I'm trying to set up a school Linux computer and use Samba to link it to Windows NT. Pentium-133 Hercules 8 meg Stingray 128/3D I'm not too familiar with SuSE's config tools (more used to Mandrake) and so am having some trouble configuring X. SaX2 just won't start, even when I use "sax2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux? This is for a school project, and I can't find any pages that tell how to network a Suse to other computers except how to use a printer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

3. Solaris

installation problem solaris,windows,suse on same machine

Hi all, Previously I had both opensuse 11.3 and Windows XP SP2 on my PC, there was no problem at all.I was able to access all documents in Windows from opensuse. Now when I wanted to install solaris 10 on the same machine there were 2 problems ... 1. Windows is not accessible from solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
3 Replies

4. SuSE

How to Patch SuSe machine including Kernel.

Thanks guys I have machines running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 I need to update the Kernel too..... Any suggestion on how to proceed? Thanks a lot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OptimusPrime1
1 Replies
SAX(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    SAX(3)

NAME
XML::SAX - Simple API for XML SYNOPSIS
use XML::SAX; # get a list of known parsers my $parsers = XML::SAX->parsers(); # add/update a parser XML::SAX->add_parser(q(XML::SAX::PurePerl)); # remove parser XML::SAX->remove_parser(q(XML::SAX::Foodelberry)); # save parsers XML::SAX->save_parsers(); DESCRIPTION
XML::SAX is a SAX parser access API for Perl. It includes classes and APIs required for implementing SAX drivers, along with a factory class for returning any SAX parser installed on the user's system. USING A SAX2 PARSER The factory class is XML::SAX::ParserFactory. Please see the documentation of that module for how to instantiate a SAX parser: XML::SAX::ParserFactory. However if you don't want to load up another manual page, here's a short synopsis: use XML::SAX::ParserFactory; use XML::SAX::XYZHandler; my $handler = XML::SAX::XYZHandler->new(); my $p = XML::SAX::ParserFactory->parser(Handler => $handler); $p->parse_uri("foo.xml"); # or $p->parse_string("<foo/>") or $p->parse_file($fh); This will automatically load a SAX2 parser (defaulting to XML::SAX::PurePerl if no others are found) and return it to you. In order to learn how to use SAX to parse XML, you will need to read XML::SAX::Intro and for reference, XML::SAX::Specification. WRITING A SAX2 PARSER The first thing to remember in writing a SAX2 parser is to subclass XML::SAX::Base. This will make your life infinitely easier, by providing a number of methods automagically for you. See XML::SAX::Base for more details. When writing a SAX2 parser that is compatible with XML::SAX, you need to inform XML::SAX of the presence of that driver when you install it. In order to do that, XML::SAX contains methods for saving the fact that the parser exists on your system to a "INI" file, which is then loaded to determine which parsers are installed. The best way to do this is to follow these rules: o Add XML::SAX as a prerequisite in Makefile.PL: WriteMakefile( ... PREREQ_PM => { 'XML::SAX' => 0 }, ... ); Alternatively you may wish to check for it in other ways that will cause more than just a warning. o Add the following code snippet to your Makefile.PL: sub MY::install { package MY; my $script = shift->SUPER::install(@_); if (ExtUtils::MakeMaker::prompt( "Do you want to modify ParserDetails.ini?", 'Y') =~ /^y/i) { $script =~ s/install :: (.*)$/install :: $1 install_sax_driver/m; $script .= <<"INSTALL"; install_sax_driver : @$(PERL) -MXML::SAX -e "XML::SAX->add_parser(q($(NAME)))->save_parsers()" INSTALL } return $script; } Note that you should check the output of this - $(NAME) will use the name of your distribution, which may not be exactly what you want. For example XML::LibXML has a driver called XML::LibXML::SAX::Generator, which is used in place of $(NAME) in the above. o Add an XML::SAX test: A test file should be added to your t/ directory containing something like the following: use Test; BEGIN { plan tests => 3 } use XML::SAX; use XML::SAX::PurePerl::DebugHandler; XML::SAX->add_parser(q(XML::SAX::MyDriver)); local $XML::SAX::ParserPackage = 'XML::SAX::MyDriver'; eval { my $handler = XML::SAX::PurePerl::DebugHandler->new(); ok($handler); my $parser = XML::SAX::ParserFactory->parser(Handler => $handler); ok($parser); ok($parser->isa('XML::SAX::MyDriver'); $parser->parse_string("<tag/>"); ok($handler->{seen}{start_element}); }; EXPORTS
By default, XML::SAX exports nothing into the caller's namespace. However you can request the symbols "Namespaces" and "Validation" which are the URIs for those features, allowing an easier way to request those features via ParserFactory: use XML::SAX qw(Namespaces Validation); my $factory = XML::SAX::ParserFactory->new(); $factory->require_feature(Namespaces); $factory->require_feature(Validation); my $parser = $factory->parser(); AUTHOR
Current maintainer: Grant McLean, grantm@cpan.org Originally written by: Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Kip Hampton, khampton@totalcinema.com Robin Berjon, robin@knowscape.com LICENSE
This is free software, you may use it and distribute it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
XML::SAX::Base for writing SAX Filters and Parsers XML::SAX::PurePerl for an XML parser written in 100% pure perl. XML::SAX::Exception for details on exception handling perl v5.16.2 2011-09-04 SAX(3)