Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing a command at startup Post 302266698 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 09:30:40 PM
Old 12-10-2008
Your question is somewhat confusing. Are you talking about when you login or when your system is booted up? They are two entirely different scenarios.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Not executing during startup

I have a command in my iniitab as follows: dsmc:2a:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 But the command doe not appear to execute during a system boot. Not sure why. I am running AIX 5.1 Thanks for the help Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
2 Replies

2. SuSE

Executing set of sh files at system startup

Hi Everybody I am totally new to Linux. We are using Suse Linux version 9. Currently we have 4 to 5 shell scripts which needs to be executed manually by the users.I want these scripts to be run automatically when system starts...something like system startup service. When system is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: appleforme1415
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Executing a script at startup

Hi, I want a script to execute as soon as a user logs in(instead of directing to his home directory). i know that i have to mention the path of script in the user's .profile to execute this, but not sure where and what to edit. I just tried and was unsuccesful. Kindly provide the code that i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharr83
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin bash startup command weirdness (part 1)

I am running (I believe) the latest stable version of cygwin CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.24(0.156/4/2) 2007-01-31 10:57 i686 Cygwin on a win xp sp2 laptop. Suppose, to make things simple for now (but I may do a part 2 posting...), that I am in a dos shell, and I want to create a bash shell and have it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command from subdirectories

Hello, I've been trying to run 'ls -1R | wc -l' inside of sub directories to in order to determine how big each folder is. find . -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read folder do cd "$folder" && echo "$folder has $(ls -1R | wc -l) files" && cd .. done or for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoobProgrammer
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doing a capture while another command is executing?

Basically what i'm trying to do is execute an update command and at the same time have the system do a TCPdump to file for that update traffic. So I would like to connect the two commands so that the tcpdump terminates automatically when the update finishes/fails/whatever. Right now I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing a command using ssh

Hi All, I am trying to execute a command using ssh as below. ssh user123@servername "which ctmcontb" It is gving the error as below no ctmcontb in /usr/bin /usr/sbin /opt/sysadm/bin Not sure from where the PATH is getting picked up. But When I login direclty to the server I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilreddy103
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing sh command

Hi, I have 2 files temp1.sh and temp2.sh as follows: =========== temp1.sh =========== echo "session1" sh temp2.sh echo "exit session2 and enter session1" ================================= ============= temp2.sh ============= echo "session2" sh echo "exit session2"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RP09
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies
LIQUIDSOAP(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LIQUIDSOAP(1)

NAME
liquidsoap - a multimedia streaming language SYNOPSIS
liquidsoap [options] [script|expression] DESCRIPTION
Liquidsoap is a programming language for describing multimedia streaming systems. It is very flexible, making simple things simple but giving a lot of control for advanced uses. Liquidsoap supports audio, video and MIDI streams, and a wide range of input/output operators including Icecast and various soundcard APIs. It can perform a broad range of signal processing, combine streams in various ways, support custom transitions, generate sound procedurally... and all this can be assembled as you wish. Input files can be accessed remotely, or even be synthesized on the fly using external scripts such as speech synthesis. Finally, interaction with a running liquidsoap instance is possible via telnet or socket. Liquidsoap scripts passed on the command line will be evaluated: they shall be used to define the streaming system to be ran. It is possi- ble to pass multiple scripts; they will all be ran successively, and definitions from one script can be used in subsequent ones. A script will be read from standard input if - is given as script filename. Information about scripting liquidsoap is available on our website: http://savonet.sf.net/ If the parameter is not a file it will be treated as an expression which will be executed. It is a convenient way to test simple one-line scripts. When running only one-liners, the default is to log messages directly on stdout rather than to a file. OPTIONS
- Read script from standard input. -- Stop parsing the command-line and pass subsequent items to the script. --debug Print debugging log messages. --dynamic-plugins-dir path Directory where to look for plugins. --errors-as-warnings Issue warnings instead of fatal errors for unused variables and ignored expressions. If you are not sure about it, it is better to not use it. --interactive Start an interactive interpreter. --list-plugins List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols). --list-plugins-xml List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols), output as XML. --no-pervasives Do not load pervasive script libraries. --version Display liquidsoap's version. -c, --check Check and evaluate scripts but do not perform any streaming. -cl, --check-lib Like --check but treats all scripts and expressions as libraries, so that unused toplevel variables are not reported. -d, --daemon Run in daemon mode. -f, --force-start For advanced dynamic uses: force liquidsoap to start even when no active source is initially defined. -h plugin Print the description of a plugin, eg. a builtin scripting function. -i Display infered types. -p, --parse-only Parse scripts but do not type-check and run them. -q, --quiet Do not print log messages on standard output. -r filename Process a request. -T, --disable-telnet Disable the telnet server. -U, --disable-unix-socket Disable the unix socket. -t, --enable-telnet Enable the telnet server. -u, --enable-unix-socket Enable the unix socket. -v, --verbose Print log messages on standard output. --conf-descr-key key Describe a configuration key. --conf-descr Show all configuration keys with their documentation. --conf-descr-liqi Show all configuration keys with their documentation in liqi (documentation wiki) format. --conf-dump Dump the configuration state -help, --help Display this list of options SEE ALSO
Our website http://savonet.sf.net/ and the HTML documentation coming with your distribution of liquidsoap. AUTHOR
Savonet team <savonet-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Liquidsoap 1.0.1 June 25, 2012 LIQUIDSOAP(1)