Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in Connecting to Oracle Database using KornShell Post 302266585 by mraghunandanan on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 03:32:08 PM
Old 12-10-2008
Problem in Connecting to Oracle Database using KornShell

Hello, I am very new to Scripting. I am having a Kornshell Script below for connecting to Oracle database. But getting an error while executing it.

#!/bin/ksh
ssh -X root@192.168.2.127 <perimuka>
sleep 5
su - oracle
sqlplus <mraghunandanan>/<peri123> <<eof

Can anyone tell what is wrong in this script?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having A Problem Connecting to Oracle Using Cron

Can someone tell me how to prevent this? stty: standard input: Invalid argument ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified SP2-0306: Invalid option. Usage: CONN where <logon> ::= <username> | / ERROR: ORA-12162: TNS:net service name is incorrectly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodmis
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle Database

if; sql="select username from dba_users where username = '$FromUser';" check_FromUser=`ExecSql "$sql"` I want to connect to Oracle database & check the users in the database, store the value in check_FromUser. First how to connect to Oracle database from the shell script ? Appreciate your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot

Hi All, I am facing a connection problem with Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 when my application (started by /etc/rc3.d at node reboot) tries to establish a session after reboot of the node where my application is running (NCR UNIX (MP RAS)). I find that my application (run as a deamon process)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowjanya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database

Hai i want to connect to oracle database from user input and create a view. ${ECHO} "Debut Creating View" ${ECHO} "Please Enter the User Name:" read user_name ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Connection String:" read con_string ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Password:" read pwd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem on kornshell

HI, Requirement: I need to pass space between argument value for the paramter "GPG_PUBLIC_UID" but whenever i use single quotes or double quotes while supplying value for the arguments to the script, i see the value of the field "GPG_PUBLIC_UID" is getting splitted and my script fails to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachaysh
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Connecting to Oracle database

Hi guys, long time no typing :D I have problems when I try to connect to Oracle database from SQL Developer which is located on my Windows box. Server is running Solaris 11/11 and Oracle 11 enterprise. I can log in locally with sys account to database, start it up and shut it down but when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

8. Linux

Problem in accessing Oracle Database Server from Linux Machine

I am facing a strange issue in connecting to Oracle database from Linux Machine - The connectivity is not failing all the time , the failure to success ratio is 1:70. - Error "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist" - Majority of the time the connection... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji kumar
6 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI - "parser" for DBI handles SYNOPSIS
use DBI; use SQL::Translator; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dsn', 'user', 'pass', { RaiseError => 1, FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc', } ); my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', dbh => $dbh, ); Or: use SQL::Translator; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', parser_args => { dsn => 'dbi:mysql:FOO', db_user => 'guest', db_password => 'password', } ); DESCRIPTION
This parser accepts an open database handle (or the arguments to create one) and queries the database directly for the information. The following are acceptable arguments: o dbh An open DBI database handle. NB: Be sure to create the database with the "FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc'" option as all the DBI parsers expect lowercased column names. o dsn The DSN to use for connecting to a database. o db_user The user name to use for connecting to a database. o db_password The password to use for connecting to a database. There is no need to specify which type of database you are querying as this is determined automatically by inspecting $dbh->{'Driver'}{'Name'}. If a parser exists for your database, it will be used automatically; if not, the code will fail automatically (and you can write the parser and contribute it to the project!). Currently parsers exist for the following databases: o MySQL o SQLite o Sybase o PostgreSQL (still experimental) Most of these parsers are able to query the database directly for the structure rather than parsing a text file. For large schemas, this is probably orders of magnitude faster than traditional parsing (which uses Parse::RecDescent, an amazing module but really quite slow). Though no Oracle parser currently exists, it would be fairly easy to query an Oracle database directly by using DDL::Oracle to generate a DDL for the schema and then using the normal Oracle parser on this. Perhaps future versions of SQL::Translator will include the ability to query Oracle directly and skip the parsing of a text file, too. AUTHOR
Ken Y. Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
DBI, SQL::Translator. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)