Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What language is this?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What language is this? Post 302266551 by lost on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 01:46:50 PM
Old 12-10-2008
Yeah!! It works!
Thanks for the help!
: )

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GUI using C language

Hi friends I have my project based on C platform. I was supposed to develop a GUI. Can u pls suggest me the best way to develop the GUI. I heard that motif is the easy one to develop GUI applications. Pls help me out thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru554
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A different language to me!

Hi all, I'm glad there's a section called UNIX for dummies on this forum cause when it comes to UNIX, I am certainly a dummie. I honestly don't have a clue about 98% of the UNIX commands out there so forgive me if this is a really stupid question. I'm trying to set up a MySQL server on my Mac... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kguenther
7 Replies

3. Programming

c programming language

Can someone enligten me on what below program does? I understand getchar and putchar.. but what is this program suppose to do? I try to put printf on it, but it shows nothing.. can someone explain to me what this program is suppose to do? It is reading something and assigning to c? so, if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
8 Replies

4. Programming

c language

is there any difference between "char*" and "char *" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amol munde
1 Replies

5. Programming

which language will be the best

Hello, Ive got to amke a script to calculate how many emails are in the servers mailbox, how many times each IP address appears in the mailbox and to search for keywords, tehn produce the results in HTML report. The thing is I dont know where to start and what the best language to use would be. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clueless
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

New simple language

Hi all, I need to 'create' a new simple scripting language in order to allow SCADA operators make complex tasks against the system in an easy and friendly way. In other words I need to write mini modules with DB readings or writings, calculations, and so on, but these instructions must be written... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silex
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to know the default language in hp-ux?

hi every body i want to know how can i know the default language in the hp-ux like in solaris "US" please tell me wher is the file or the comand to tell me the language many thanks ---------- Post updated at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:05 AM ---------- crash:/#locale... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

8. Programming

C language help URGENT !!!

I'am writing a program in C language and my code is working perfectly i just need to add a search to it ... My code lets users add companies, and then display them on screen... i would like to add a search that allows user to type company name and then displayall its info on the screen !! THANK... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloushi
1 Replies
LWP::RobotUA(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP::RobotUA(3)

NAME
LWP::RobotUA - a class for well-behaved Web robots SYNOPSIS
use LWP::RobotUA; my $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new('my-robot/0.1', 'me@foo.com'); $ua->delay(10); # be very nice -- max one hit every ten minutes! ... # Then just use it just like a normal LWP::UserAgent: my $response = $ua->get('http://whatever.int/...'); ... DESCRIPTION
This class implements a user agent that is suitable for robot applications. Robots should be nice to the servers they visit. They should consult the /robots.txt file to ensure that they are welcomed and they should not make requests too frequently. But before you consider writing a robot, take a look at <URL:http://www.robotstxt.org/>. When you use a LWP::RobotUA object as your user agent, then you do not really have to think about these things yourself; "robots.txt" files are automatically consulted and obeyed, the server isn't queried too rapidly, and so on. Just send requests as you do when you are using a normal LWP::UserAgent object (using "$ua->get(...)", "$ua->head(...)", "$ua->request(...)", etc.), and this special agent will make sure you are nice. METHODS
The LWP::RobotUA is a sub-class of LWP::UserAgent and implements the same methods. In addition the following methods are provided: $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( %options ) $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( $agent, $from ) $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( $agent, $from, $rules ) The LWP::UserAgent options "agent" and "from" are mandatory. The options "delay", "use_sleep" and "rules" initialize attributes private to the RobotUA. If "rules" are not provided, then "WWW::RobotRules" is instantiated providing an internal database of robots.txt. It is also possible to just pass the value of "agent", "from" and optionally "rules" as plain positional arguments. $ua->delay $ua->delay( $minutes ) Get/set the minimum delay between requests to the same server, in minutes. The default is 1 minute. Note that this number doesn't have to be an integer; for example, this sets the delay to 10 seconds: $ua->delay(10/60); $ua->use_sleep $ua->use_sleep( $boolean ) Get/set a value indicating whether the UA should sleep() if requests arrive too fast, defined as $ua->delay minutes not passed since last request to the given server. The default is TRUE. If this value is FALSE then an internal SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE response will be generated. It will have an Retry-After header that indicates when it is OK to send another request to this server. $ua->rules $ua->rules( $rules ) Set/get which WWW::RobotRules object to use. $ua->no_visits( $netloc ) Returns the number of documents fetched from this server host. Yeah I know, this method should probably have been named num_visits() or something like that. :-( $ua->host_wait( $netloc ) Returns the number of seconds (from now) you must wait before you can make a new request to this host. $ua->as_string Returns a string that describes the state of the UA. Mainly useful for debugging. SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent, WWW::RobotRules COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1996-2004 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 LWP::RobotUA(3)