Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - if conditions is meet, push the last field of $_ into an array Post 302266547 by popeye on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 01:16:35 PM
Old 12-10-2008
This works ... but it just seems that there is a better way ..
if ($_ =~ /\s\b[5-9]\./) {
@ip = split(/ /,$_);
push(@dos, $ip[4])};

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shift and push question in perl

hi, another perl question, I don't understand the below while (<FILE>) { push @last5, $_; #add to the end shift @last5 if @last5 > 5 ; #take from the beginning } can someone please explain to me how does shift @last5 if @last5 > 5 is taking last 5 lines from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL, push to hash of array problem

$key = "a"; $value = "hello"; %myhash = {} ; push @{ myHash{$key} }, $hello; print $myHash{$key}."\n"; this script prints "hello" but has following error message. Reference found where even-sized list expected at ./test line 5. can any one help me to fix this problem?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Push records to array during implicit loop and write to file

NEWBIE ALERT! Hi, I'm 1 month into learning Perl and done reading "Minimal Perl" by Tim Maher (which I enjoyed enoumously). I'm not a programmer by profession but want to use Perl to automate various tasks at my job. I have a problem (obviously) and are looking for your much appreciated help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jospan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sort array by field

Hi Everyone, Any simple code can simplify the code below, please advice. Thanks # cat 2.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; my @aaaaa = <DATA>; my @uids; foreach (@aaaaa) { my @ccccc = split (",", $_); push @uids, $ccccc;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sum 2nd field in an array

Hi Everyone, ($total+=$_) for @record; assume @record=(1,2,3), so the result is 6. if @record=("1 3","2 3","3 3"), would like to sum up the 2nd field of this array, the result is 9. i tried " ($total+=$) for @record ", cannot, please advice. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 03:45... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

8. Programming

Javascript issue: array.push

I have a code snippet here that is supposed to vary values of certain parameter values: <script type="text/javascript"> // dynamic array of which its ultimate size is unknown // an array of arrays, each consisting of one variation var variations = ; // parameters of how to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print header and lines that meet both conditions in awk

In the awk below I am trying to print only the header lines starting with # or ## and the lines that $7 is PASS and AF= is less than 5%. The awk does execute but returns an empty file and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Thank you. file ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines that meet conditions and have value in another file

I am trying to use awk to print lines that satisfy either of the two conditions below: condition 1: $2 equals CNV and the split of $3, the value in red, is greater than or equal to 4. ---- this is a or so I think condition 2: $2 equals CNV and the split of $3, the value in red --- this is a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)