Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacing \n,\n with ,
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing \n,\n with , Post 302266494 by skerit on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 10:24:02 AM
Old 12-10-2008
All the 3 scripts in 1 line, how cool ...

Anyway, it almost worked, except for this line:

Jurgen,4442

Which gets transformed to

7,Jurgen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in replacing ??

hi all i have input file like this abc.txt filename.out: <TAB>ABC<TAB>9 <TAB>AKC<TAB>1 filename1.out: <TAB>XYZ<TAB>1 <TAB>XYN<TAB>4 and i am trying to replace \n\t with \t so that output will be like this: filename.out:<TAB>ABC<TAB>9<TAB>AKC<TAB>1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing using sed

its again sed question. i have line - sed "s/$old/$new/g" "$f" > $TFILE && mv $TFILE "$f" working well if old="myoldfile" new="mynewfile" but if i want old="/home/shailesh/1test/" new="/home/shailesh/workspace/" it gives error like sed: -e expression #1, char 9: unknown option to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shailesh_arya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing of word

Hi all, I wanted to replace one word with another word pl help me to solve the same. example:- I wanted to replace RXOTX with RXOTRX in a perticuler file with hole. Regards, Ramesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Characters

Hi All, I have a file which is delimeted with the character '. i need to replace this character with the same character and also a new line. Can anyone please help me with the tr command for this. Many thanks Karan (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karansachdeva
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Characters with |

Hi All, example data.log 526569346 66815531961 09 526569346 66815531961 09 526569346 66815531961 09 526569346 66815531961 09 526569346 66815531961 09 I want like this to 526569346|66815531961|09 526569346|66815531961|09... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing string

Hi there, I'd like to replace STRING_ZERO in FILE_ZERO.txt with the value of VALUEi-th by using something like that: VALUE1=1000 VALUE2=2000 VALUE3=3000 for((i=1;i<=3;i++)); do sed "s/STRING_ZERO/$VALUE'$i'/" FILE_ZERO.txt >> FILE_NEW.txt; done but it doesn't work... Any help... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing 1 character with many : tr

Hi All, I would like to know how, iff at all we can, we may use the 'tr' command to replace a single character with multiple characters. eg: if i have a string valued "him", how can i use 'tr' to replace 'i' with "oo" to make "hoom". Just replacing a single character by many. tried:-... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing / to -

Hi, i am running a shell script where i have assigned a variable to the value passed. so my variable is var1="investment/portfolio/run.job" now i want to assign another variable var2 as "investment-portfolio-run.out" how can i do it using awk or something else.... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a value in a field

Hi All, I have a file yum.conf that has a field called gpgcheck this field sometimes has a value of 0 gpgcheck=0 and at other times it has a 1. I need to check the value and if it is a 1 change it to a 0 any ideas? thanks, Gartie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gartie
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a value in all xml's

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the unix command to replace the character in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /opt/apr/rt/conf now under conf there are so many xml's and in those xml's i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
2 Replies
stcall(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 stcall(3)

NAME
stCallEditor, stCallCmd, stCallCmdErrno, stFindProgram - call command processor with command string SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> int stCallEditor (char *editor, char *file, char *contents, char **newcontents); int stCallCmd (char *commandProcessor, char *commandString); int stCallCmdErrno; char*stFindProgram (char *fileName) DESCRIPTION
stCallEditor calls editor editor with file file and returns its contents after the editor session in newcontents. Return value is the length of the new text. On failure, 0 is returned to indicate the error. Newcontents is not updated and points to nowhere. On error the file will be removed. If contents points to a valid text, this text is put (not appended) into the temporary file before editor starts. Contents must be NULL terminated, otherwise strange things will happen. stCallCmd invokes commandProcessor as a child process and writes commandString to its standard input. The current process waits for termi- nation of the child process. stCallCmd returns the exit status of the child process reported by wait(2). The commandProcessor string may contain command line arguments to the command processor, separated by whitespace. (This is necessary for some programs to make them read commands from standard input.) The command processor program is searched for in the directories given in the environment variable PATH. If commandString does not end with a newline, a newline is added. stFindProgram returns the full pathname of programName if program is found and executable. Otherwise NULL. ENVIRONMENT
PATH List of colon-separated directoriy names where execvp(3) searches for the program to execute (default /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb). SEE ALSO
wait(2) DIAGNOSTICS
On a successful call stCallCmd returns the exit status of the child process. If an error occured, stCallCmd returns a negative number as defined in sttk.h: CMDPROC_EMPTY An empty or NULL string has been supplied for commandProcessor. NO_MORE_CORE A call to malloc(3) or calloc(3) returned a NULL pointer. FORK_FAILED fork(2) could not create a child process. PIPE_FAILED A call to pipe(2) failed. WAIT_ERROR A call to wait(2) failed. EXEC_FAILED execvp(3) could not execute commandProcessor. CHILD_KILLED The child process was killed by an uncaught signal. WRITE_FAILED write(2) could not write commandString to the pipe. This usually happens when commandProcessor does not read its standard input and terminates before commandString is written. NO_PROGRAM commandProcessor could not be found. For the most error conditions the integer variable stCallCmdErrno (declared in sttk.h) contains additional information about the error con- dition, usually the contents of errno(3) after a failed system call. In the case of CHILD_KILLED, stCallCmdErrno contains the statBus of the child process as reported by wait(2). BUGS
On systems where no usable vfork(2) is available, the value of stCallCmdErrno does not make sense in case of EXEC_FAILED. Under IRIX stCallCmd sometimes (or always?) returns WAIT_ERROR where it should be EXEC_FAILED, NO_PROGRAM, or WRITE_FAILED. AUTHORS
Jurgen Nickelsen <nickel@cs.tu-berlin.de> and Andreas.Lampen@cs.tu-berlin.de sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:29 1993 stcall(3)