Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Special accounting information Post 302266440 by zaxxon on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 07:49:19 AM
Old 12-10-2008
I know accounting a bit from the AIX side where it is used in our case to check which department used how much resources and is billed by that.
If you are going to sort out performance problems, you might want to start with vmstat, top, ps, iostat etc.
Maybe you check the net for nmon for example. There are different tools available.

What OS are you using?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

utmp ACCOUNTING

the utmp.h ACCOUNTING macro is set to 9 on my system. my question is: what "accounting" is it referring to? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accounting Process

Hi, I need to know , if there is some routine like a function "accton" to accounting process for HP-UX, because I need accounting the command executed for users and is necesary that include the argumments of command but the file "paccton" generated for function "accton" doesn't include them. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hvazquez
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

System Accounting

How do I enable System Accounting on Solaris 8? In Solaris 7 I would copy the /usr/lib/acct file to S22acct and start it like that. That doesn't seem to be an option in Solaris 8. Thanks for your help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process accounting

When i run #acctadm command it shows it as inactive but /var/adm/pacct file has todays date such as -rw-r--r-- 1 adm adm 182397160 Mar 25 15:48 pacct # acctadm Task accounting: inactive Task accounting file: none Tracked task resources: none Untracked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Accounting Software

GNUCash - There is documented problem with auto-fill; ie, that it cannot be turned off. It will delete 1/2 of a transaction. I have searched the internet and have not been able to make any of the "work arounds" work. I have also contacted the email lists, to no avail. This is open source,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies
NMON(1) 							   User Commands							   NMON(1)

NAME
nmon - systems administrator, tuner, benchmark tool. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nmon command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. nmon is is a systems administrator, tuner, benchmark tool. It can display the CPU, memory, network, disks (mini graphs or numbers), file systems, NFS, top processes, resources (Linux version & processors) and on Power micro-partition information. OPTIONS
nmon follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). nmon [-h] [-s <seconds>] [-c <count>] [-f -d <disks> -t -r <name>] [-x] A summary of options is included below. -h FULL help information Interactive-Mode: read startup banner and type: "h" once it is running For Data-Collect-Mode (-f) -f spreadsheet output format [note: default -s300 -c288] optional -s <seconds> between refreshing the screen [default 2] -c <number> of refreshes [default millions] -d <disks> to increase the number of disks [default 256] -t spreadsheet includes top processes -x capacity planning (15 min for 1 day = -fdt -s 900 -c 96) AUTHOR
nmon was written by Nigel Griffiths <nag@uk.ibm.com> This manual page was written by Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). nmon August 2009 NMON(1)