Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: doubt on awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting doubt on awk Post 302266434 by venkatesht on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 07:34:15 AM
Old 12-10-2008
doubt on awk

I have executed the below command:

find . -name "Ks*" -type f -exec ls -ltr {} \; | awk '{printf("%ld %s %d %s \n",$5,$6,$7,$8,$9)}'

and here is the output:

1282 Oct 7 2004
51590 Jul 10 2006
921 Oct 7 2004
1389 Jun 4 2003
1037 May 19 2004
334 Mar 24 2004
672 Jul 8 2003
977 Apr 1 2004

I want to display the name of the file and the directory where the file exists including the above output

Desired output:

same output + directory + filename

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Venkat.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk doubt

I'm having a file with 5 fields. I want to sort that file according to one field no 3. How shall I do using awk programming. Any input appreciatable. regards, vadivel. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadivel
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt in AWK

Hi all, column1 -------- 33 44 55 66 please provide the script using awk command to dispaly output 55. Help apperciated.. thanks, Nirmal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abnirmal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk doubt

hi how to get the values in two columns (may be 2nd and 5th column) of a file line by line. either i want to get the two fields into different variables and use a for loop to get these values line by line. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradee
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt about awk

i have a file like this: awk.lst smith : sales : 1200 : 2 jones:it:25000 : 2 roger : it : 1500 : 2 ravi | acct | 15000 i have 3 doubts 1) when i say awk -F ":" '$2 ~ /'it'/ {print $0}' awk.lst i am not able to get jones in the ouput , is it because of space issue? 2)how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soujanya_srk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK doubt

Hello people I have a doubt about awk... I´m using it to create a condition where I do not want to use the 0 (zero) value of a certain column. - This is the original file: string,number,date abc,0,20050101 def,1,20060101 ghi,2,20040101 jkl,12,20090101 mno,123,20020101... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt in awk

Hi , I have a file in the below format: 1.txt awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%1s", "man" )} ' awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%9s", "women" )} ' awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%56s", "human")} ' ## ### ## echo "$!" ## awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%1s", "aaa" )} ' awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%19s", "bbb" )} ' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk doubt

I have a file sample.txt with the following contents: the following gives output as awk 'NF{s=$0; print s}' sample.txt but, awk 'NF{s=$0}{print s}' sample.txtgives output as why this difference, can someone explain me? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a doubt in awk

instead of writing print command in awk, i saw in some posts that we can simply write a number before we end the awk command and it will print the file. As given below: $awk '{some manipulation; print}' filename $awk '{some manipulation}1' filename I also tried replacing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PranavEcstasy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on using AWK

DE_CODE|1{AXXANY}1APP_NAME|2{TELCO}2LOC|NY DE_CODE|1{AXXATX}1APP_NAME|2{TELCO}2LOC|TX DE_CODE|1{AXXABT}1APP_NAME|2{TELCO}2LOC|BT DE_CODE|1{AXXANJ}1APP_NAME|2{TELCO}2LOC|NJ i have out put file like below i have to convert it in the format as below. DE_CODE = AXXANY APP_NAME= TELCO LOC = NY... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in awk

Hi, I got a below requirement from this forum, but the solution provided was not clear. Below is the requirement Input file A 1 Z A 1 ZZ B 2 Y B 2 AA Required output B Y|AA A Z|ZZ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
5 Replies
TRIMHISTORY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    TRIMHISTORY(8)

NAME
trimhistory - Remove old Xymon history-log entries SYNOPSIS
trimhistory --cutoff=TIME [options] DESCRIPTION
The trimhistory tool is used to purge old entries from the Xymon history logs. These logfiles accumulate information about all status changes that have occurred for any given service, host, or the entire Xymon system, and is used to generate the event- and history-log web- pages. Purging old entries can be done while Xymon is running, since the tool takes care not to commit updates to a file if it changes mid-way through the operation. In that case, the update is aborted and the existing logfile is left untouched. Optionally, this tool will also remove logfiles from hosts that are no longer defined in the Xymon bb-hosts(5) file. As an extension, even logfiles from services can be removed, if the service no longer has a valid status-report logged in the current Xymon status. OPTIONS
--cutoff=TIME This defines the cutoff-time when processing the history logs. Entries dated before this time are discarded. TIME is specified as the number of seconds since the beginning of the Epoch. This is easily generated by the GNU date(1) utility, e.g. the following com- mand will trim history logs of all entries prior to Oct. 1st 2004: trimhistory --cutoff=`date +%s --date="1 Oct 2004"` --outdir=DIRECTORY Normally, files in the BBHIST directory are replaced. This option causes trimhistory to save the shortened history logfiles to another directory, so you can verify that the operation works as intended. The output directory must exist. --drop Causes trimhistory to delete files from hosts that are not listed in the bb-hosts(5) file. --dropsvcs Causes trimhistory to delete files from services that are not currently tracked by Xymon. Normally these files would be left untouched if only the host exists. --droplogs Process the BBHISTLOGS directory also, and delete status-logs from events prior to the cut-off time. Note that this can dramatically increase the processing time, since there are often lots and lots of files to process. --progress[=N] This will cause trimhistory to output a status line for every N history logs or status-log collections it processes, to indicate how far it has progressed. The default setting for N is 100. --env=FILENAME Loads the environment from FILENAME before executing trimhistory. --debug Enable debugging output. FILES
$BBHIST/allevents The eventlog of all events that have happened in Xymon. $BBHIST/HOSTNAME The per-host eventlogs. $BBHIST/HOSTNAME.SERVICE The per-service eventlogs. $BBHISTLOGS/*/* The historical status-logs. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
BBHIST The directory holding all history logs. BBHISTLOGS The top-level directory for the historical status-log collections. BBHOSTS The location of the bb-hosts file, holding the list of currently known hosts in Xymon. SEE ALSO
xymon(7), bb-hosts(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 TRIMHISTORY(8)