Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change a directory on windows via perl script Post 302266364 by spirtle on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 04:14:07 AM
Old 12-10-2008
What happens if you use Perl's built-in chdir function?
See https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ries-perl.html

Last edited by spirtle; 12-10-2008 at 05:20 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change "set" values in perl, windows...

i am using perl in win2000advanced server... --------------------------- perl -version: --------------------------- This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall Binary build 638 provided by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Directory via a script?

I would like to have a script that would change my current working directory. However, any time I execute a 'cd' command in a script, it holds only for the life of that script -- the working directory on exit is the same as when the script was initiated. Is it possible to have the script return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: George Borrmann
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change of directory thru script

:confused: Hi All, This script is not working. I want to change the directory as per users selection in current shell. Looks like it is spawning sub-shell internally. I have used . changedir.sh source changedir.sh ./changedire.sh But did not work. Currently shell directory remain the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiningram
4 Replies

4. Linux

Change directory in a shell script

How do u change ur directory using a shell script?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script.

Hi, When I run the below script in UNIX it's throwing syntax errors. Actually it's a windows batch script. Could anyone change the below Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script... Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM ::... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory change in shell script

Hi, I am trying to change the directory in my script, & want to check if the directory is present or not . Ex: cd /home/xyz/temp/logs if the logs directory is not present i want to show the error in script instead of shell script error. Can anybody please help me on the same Thx in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vls1210
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista.: Perl Scripting on Windows

Hi All, Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista. I am trying to install Active Perl on Windows Vista. The version of Active Perl i am trying to install is : ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 After installing it through cmd, When i try to run perl -v to check the version, i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a directory in shell script?

HI, I need to change the working directory by using the shell script /Export/home/user_name I have to go one step back like /Export/home Please help on this.:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Directory in Perl

Hi Can any one please support: From Windows, I am running perl script located in C:/scripts directory and need to run a command "ls | sort | uniq" on the files in D:/temp directory. #!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe $file_dir="D:\\temp"; $command1="cd"; $command2="ls | sort | uniq";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: testing directory on windows platform

Hi Gurus, kindly analyse the following for me, please OS: Windows 7 Code location: C:\ Output: "Program Files not being recognised" "System Volume Information is a directory" "Windows not being recognised" main { my @dirlist = <*>; foreach my $fn... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
0 Replies
SVNPATH(1)                                                                                                                              SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)