Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Check Quota of the Environment and mail the user if the threshold increases. Post 302266334 by zaxxon on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 02:42:14 AM
Old 12-10-2008
Thread closed, infraction given, read the rules, thank you for your cooperation.

Quote:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post or send a private message where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.
Continue here:
WarnQuota Command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I check the user's mail quota?

how can I check mail quota, and then how can I send mail to user whose quota get full??? :confused: For this which script must I use? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emreatlier
8 Replies

2. Linux

How to set user quota

I've a redhat 9.0 and I want to set a user quota. but the question is where should I start from and How ??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KaiXiang
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable user quota

hi! i would like to enable user quota on my system (FreeBSD 6.2) i've check on enabling user quota here but i still confuse with fstab it shows there: /dev/da1s2g /home ufs rw,userquota 1 2 but my current /etc/fstab : # Device Mountpoint FStype Options ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdns
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Quota of the Environment and mail the user if the threshold increases.

Hi All, I wish to check the quota of the system and if it increases the threshold value,I need that a mail is shot to the environment user informing hi/her about the same. I know it can be done using cron jobs and warnquota command but I am unable to implement it as I am not acquianted with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quota threshold

Hi, I am trying to make a script in which the user is notified once the disk space of the environment increases a particular threshold. I have made a script for it but I am facing an error while executing it. Could any one here guide me further?? Script #!/bin/sh warninglimit=350000... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
22 Replies

6. Red Hat

User quota

Hi, I want to apply the user quota, but i am unable to apply the quota to user. Kindly provide the guide line, so that i can sortout the problem. Step 1: Create partion on device #fdisk /dev/sda (because hard disk is scsi) #n (new partition table) i.e /dev/sda8. #p ( to print the partition... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check space of directories and send email if it has reached threshold limit

Hi, I need help in writing unix script for checking space of some directories on the system and also send an email when it reaches the threshold limit. I have written the followng code; #!/bin/ksh ADMIN="me@somewhere.com" # set alert level 80% is default THRESHOLD=80 df | grep -E... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

get mail when matching with threshold value

HI Guys Below is my file structure and now I want if % is equal and above 95% then I will get the mail with the name of that filesystem and threshold value. Is someone help me ? 55G 33G 22G 61% /mnt/projects/stp2int4_web_runtime 16G 14G 1.7G 90%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lvm user quota

Whats the best method of setting lvm user quota? I saw both of these and I am not sure which to use. Linux File System Quotas Howtos Linux-Vserver With LVM And Quotas - 5dollarwhitebox.org Media Wiki (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the USER Quota in SSH

How the User Quota query from an SSH access to Linux Shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
5 Replies
WARNQUOTA(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      WARNQUOTA(8)

NAME
warnquota - send mail to users over quota SYNOPSIS
warnquota [ -ugsid ] [ -F quotaformat ] [ -q quotatab ] [ -c configfile ] [ -a adminsfile ] [ filesystem... ] DESCRIPTION
warnquota checks the disk quota for specified local filesystems (or for each local filesystem if none specified) and mails a warning mes- sage to those users who have reached their softlimit. It is typically run via cron(8). -F, --format=quotaformat Perform setting for specified format (ie. don't perform format autodetection). Possible format names are: vfsold Original quota format with 16-bit UIDs / GIDs, vfsv0 Quota format with 32-bit UIDs / GIDs, 64-bit space usage, 32-bit inode usage and limits, vfsv1 Quota format with 64-bit quota limits and usage, xfs Quota on XFS filesystem. -q, --quota-tab=quotatab Use quotatab instead of /etc/quotatab as file with device description strings (see quotatab(5) for syntax). -c, --config=configfile Use configfile instead of /etc/warnquota.conf as configuration file (see warnquota.conf(5) for syntax). -a, --admins-file=adminsfile Use adminsfile instead of /etc/quotagrpadmins as a file with administrators of the groups (see quotagrpadmins(5) for syntax). -u, --user check whether users are not exceeding quotas (default). -g, --group check whether groups are not exceeding quotas. If group is exceeding quota a mail is sent to the user specified in /etc/quotagrpad- mins. -s, --human-readable Try to report used space, number of used inodes and limits in more appropriate units than the default ones. -i, --no-autofs ignore mountpoints mounted by automounter. -d, --no-details do not attach quota report in email. FILES
aquota.user quota file at the filesystem root (version 2 quota, non-XFS filesystems) quota.user quota file at the filesystem root (version 1 quota, non-XFS filesystems) /etc/warnquota.conf configuration file /etc/quotatab device description /etc/quotagrpadmins administrators of the groups /etc/mtab default filesystems /etc/passwd default set of users SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotatab(5), quotagrpadmins(5), warnquota.conf(5), cron(8), edquota(8). AUTHORS
warnquota(8) was written by Marco van Wieringen <mvw@planets.elm.net>, modifications by Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>. This reference page writ- ten by Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>, modifications by Jan Kara WARNQUOTA(8)