Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ignite issue on HPUX server
Operating Systems HP-UX Ignite issue on HPUX server Post 302266290 by DustBunny on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 08:43:37 PM
Old 12-09-2008
Yeah Vbe, looks like the same to me as well.

Prabhu, one more scenario is this. kfs_vxfs and mkfs_hfs do not handle blank
media properly on new OEM MO devices. It happens sometimes. Like, The blank media returns a Blank Check condition on a first read and read size of the buffer is zero. In that case, even #dd should be working fine. However, 0 bytes would have been read. An attempt to create a filesystem with newfs/mkfs may fail:

A workaround is to write null bytes to possible LVM and VxVM header locations as well to the very last block.

Here, possibility looks like a hardware issue. Let's just try these kinda things as well. Smilie

-DB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

an ignite server for Solaris 8 ?

I know and used an ignite server for hp-ux, but is there such a beast for Solaris flavour of unix ? thanks simon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simon2000
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HPUX model scirpt issue

hi, I am using HPUX 11.31(Itanium) and HP 5100 printer. I am using PCL5.nloo model script present in HPUX by default to print to printer. I am finding issues in printing paper sizes and few other options. Description of the problem: When i give a print with option "half" and "Legal"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while auto login using .ssh for HPUX

Hi, While trying to supress password prompt using ssh. I have added .ssh folder manually and generated public key and added to authorized_keys file in the remote machine. But still it's prompting for passwords with the following message: Permission denied... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 116@434
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Ignite-ux and dhcp server Linux

I try to start a integrity vm machine using ignite-ux and my usual dhcp server on linux. Ip of server ignite is =192.168.0.16 Ip of dhcpd is = 192.168.0.2 Ip of client vm = 192.168.0.18 I try to boot from lan Booting over the network Loading.: lanboot Client MAC Address: XXXXXXXXXX ..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

HPUX nsswitch.conf issue

Hi all, There wasn't nsswitch.conf file in my HPUX server. So I copied /etc/nsswitch.files to /etc/nsswitch.conf and changed the content like below. passwd: compat group: compat hosts: files dns nis ipnodes: dns files services: nis files networks: nis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Ignite recovery issue.

On one of the Hpvm server when I try to do the ignite recovery it aborts after recovering only 30 % of the archive. I do not have any other archive backup besides this. Even after restoring the 30 archive I could see that I am able to login to that server althoug ssh and other functionalities... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
9 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)